Director Technical Lab Operations
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Typically requires BS/BA degree & 10+ years of related experience, or Masters & 8+ years of related experience, or PhD & 5+ years of related experience
- At least five years of Laboratory experience in a regulated environment or equivalent
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laboratory regulations
- Operations and people management experience required
- Strong project management abilities
- Strong collaborator and demonstrated track record of success in a cross functional team environment and management roles
- Strong technical skills in NGS, molecular biology and other relevant industry knowledge
- Strong automation and computing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, and honestly
- Oversee the Technical Operations Group including managing the workload, establishing strategic vision, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Collaborate with Grail Leadership on the Company's quality control and quality assurance procedures, technical troubleshooting and improvement procedures, and training and education programs. Lead and participate on cross functional teams responsible for implementation of new products, process improvements, and troubleshooting activities
- Enhance the Laboratory Operations technical resources and act as key liaison between R&D, BXDS, and Operations
- Drive the Operations Excellence program and ensure strategic alignment across multiple stakeholders
- Champion the Operational Intelligence program while cultivating innovation in data visualization to drive insights in a complex environment
- Oversee the technical transfer of products into the production environment while adhering to the Quality Management System
- Review validation and stability study protocols and technical reports
Designs cancer screening tests
GRAIL's mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. They are working to change the trajectory of cancer mortality and bring stakeholders together to adopt innovative, safe, and effective technologies that can transform cancer care.
- Outstanding People - Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
- Strong Compensation - We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide for long-term financial planning.
- Complete Health Coverage - Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
- Work-Life Balance - Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
Company Core Values
- Grit - We are determined and resilient because patients are counting on us.
- Respect - We value diversity and challenge each other respectfully.
- Accountability - We own our decisions and keep our commitments.
- Integrity - We adhere to our principles of humility, transparency, and rigor.
- Leadership - We make each other better by making leadership everyone’s responsibility