Full Stack Software Engineer - Platform
Posted on 3/11/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Developing a rich set of real estate transaction capabilities exposed via robust extensible APIs
- Building ground up end-to-end customer management systems enabling Opendoor to deliver flawless transactions
- Creating a nationwide intelligent project pricing and renovation management engine
- Ground up development of a best-in-class marketplace for trade partners to keep our customers, employees and homes safe
- Leveraging cutting edge IoT technologies and complex machine learning models to assess risk
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 2+ years of track record in building and delivering production quality software systems
- Excellent coding skills, strong debugging skills and knowledge of computer architectures, operating systems and algorithms
- Depth and breadth in multiple technologies ranging from frontend user interfaces to backend services to databases
- Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and proven track record of using metrics to drive decisions
- A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and creative solutions to sophisticated problems
- As a software engineer on the team you will:
- Contribute to all phases of software development including ideation, prototyping, design and production
- Build products, tools and services from scratch, as well as evolving existing systems
- Apply your technical expertise to guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic design decisions
- Influence the technology and architectural roadmap of the engineering teams
Leading digital platform for residential real estate
Pendo is on a mission to elevate the world's experiences with software
- Happier workdays - Add a little fun to your workday with Pendo board game night, team karaoke, ping pong, or enjoy a local brew on our rooftop deck.
- Health and wellness benefits - Generous health and wellness plans designed to meet the needs of you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Paid parental leave - Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, and a flexible schedule upon your return to help you make the most of those special moments.
- Learning and development - In-house management development classes, guest speaker lunch and learns, and select conferences help keep talent sharp.
- Flexible work hours and PTO - Enjoy the benefits of a flexible time off policy, flexible work hours, and paid parental leave.
- Global offices - Work across the globe in the cities that we love like Raleigh, San Francisco, New York, Herzliya, Tokyo, London and Sheffield.
- Respect our lives outside of work - We bring our whole selves to work and celebrate what makes each other unique.
- Be direct & transparent - As individuals we are timely, candid, and respectful in providing feedback–even when it’s hard to do so.
- Maniacal focus on the customer - If there’s an opportunity to improve the customer experience, we do it.
- Bias to act - We take initiative to get things done, collaborate, and go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Show me the data - No matter what the decision, data should be the primary input for decision making.
- Act like owners - We use good judgement in our actions & decisions and implicitly have the trust from our colleagues to be able to do so.
- Win together - We succeed together & challenge each other to grow. We collaborate & support one another as a team.