Principal Cloud Solutions Engineer
Posted on 1/18/2023
Canada • Remote
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 8+ years of experience in sales/solutions engineering, technical consulting, or system integration project management for enterprise accounts; customer-facing experience is a must
- Ability to travel up to 40% but usually less
- Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
- Passionate commitment to quality and success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability
- Ability to quickly solve technical and business-related challenges
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM) tools and workflows
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) architecture, tools and workflows
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Development platform, inclusive of Visual Studio, Visual Studio CodeAzure DevOps/Team Foundation Server, and .NET
- Understanding of modern Software Development/DevOps oriented tooling, supporting a best of breed approach to the discipline
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Identifying customer business requirements and matching them to product features
- Building joint customer strategies with enterprise sales, support and field services to encourage product adoption
- Providing live demonstrations of the GitHub Enterprise platform to prospective customers
- Building technical demonstrations, specific to GitHub interoperating with Azure DevOps and the rest of the Microsoft development portfolio of solutions
- Answering GitHub product questions and helping customers and prospects to take full advantage of the GitHub product
- Answering GitHub technical questions and helping customers integrate GitHub with their existing development tools and workflows
- Owning the technical enablement of how Azure DevOps will evolve into the GitHub portfolio, supporting the Microsoft Customers, Partners, and Internal Sellers
- Integrating into the Microsoft field Enterprise Operating Unit teams, with specifically to support transition towards the GitHub platform, away from the legacy Microsoft development portfolio
- Building relationships with key decision makers, visiting customers on-site, and serving as a customer's technical point of contact
- Educating prospects on product implementation and usage
- Learning about customers' successes and challenges, sharing customer feedback within GitHub, and advocating for customer interests
- Maintaining awareness of internal GitHub initiatives and the Source Control Management (SCM) industry
- Acting as intermediary between sales and other technical teams to best meet customer needs
- Supporting customer migrations towards the GitHub platform, away from competitive or current Microsoft development tooling
- Communicating customer feedback and perspectives to appropriate teams to be considered in product strategy
- Documenting technical considerations, collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledge bases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- 10+ years of experience in sales/solutions engineering, technical consulting, or system integration project management for enterprise accounts; customer-facing experience is a must
- Experience working in or with large software development teams
- Ability to work across different time zones
- Ability to articulate the value of DevOps and DevSecOps
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com workflows
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of best of breed implementations involving GitHub, and the Microsoft Development platform
- Understanding of the Microsoft Sales organization, sales process, and Enterprise Operating Unit Account Structure
Open-source code hosting
GitHub is on a mission is to build a global platform for developer collaboration. The company operates an open-source coding hosting and collaboration platform
- A diverse and inclusive workplace - At GitHub, we think that a diverse company is a strong company, and we work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Learn more about our commitment to diversity.
- Work happier - Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Lead from any location - GitHub is a remote-first company with offices located throughout the US, Europe, and Asia. Whether you live near an office or not, GitHub believes you can do your best work wherever you are. If you work remotely, you will receive a stipend to outfit your home office and receive reoccurring reimbursement refreshes.
- Put your health and family first - You’ll enjoy 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, including coverage for dependents. We also offer five months of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year.
- Find your zen - GitHub provides a monthly wellness stipend designed to cover anything from gym memberships, massage, meditation apps, or any other wellness related expenses.
- Invest in your future - At GitHub, you’ll have a stake in the future success of our platform with equity grants. For full-time employees, we offer competitive 401k planning with a 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit.
- Keep growing - Learn how you learn best. From books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
- Give back to your community - We believe in sharing our time, resources, and products to contribute to positive social impact. GitHub matches charitable donations up to $15,000 per calendar year. And for each hour (up to 40 hours) of volunteering per year, you will receive $20 to donate to an organization of your choice.
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.