(This role is fully remote for candidates located in British Columbia.)
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Senior Machine Learning Developer, you’ll be building the infrastructure that powers our ML solutions enabling us to bring amazing content and experiences to our players.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to shape how we train, build and serve our models. You will build infrastructure that enables fast iteration and A/B testing at scale and have the autonomy to make critical design decisions that will shape the future of ML at Rec Room.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and build infrastructure for agile Machine Learning development while shipping impactful experiences for users
- Partner with product teams to build and improve recommendations/ranking & search
- Leverage our social graph to drive connections within our player base
- Improve the trust and safety of the Rec Room platform
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- 6+ years of experience building user facing large scale machine learning solutions (4+ years if you have a PhD)
- 6+ years of experience with high level programming language (i.e. C#, Java, Python)
- 5+ years of full-stack experience building ML infrastructure (i.e. retrieval, ranking, serving, monitoring)
- Experience taking state-of-the art ML technologies and creating solutions that multiply the output of Data Scientists
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Built or worked on ML solutions that enable personalization
- Experience serving ML online or real-time
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Rec Room strives to be an inclusive place for people from all walks of life. We support employees with competitive benefits, leave options, and unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected]. Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.