Fraud Risk Analytics Manager
Posted on 7/26/2022
Salt Lake City, UT, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering or Management Information Systems
- 5+ years of consumer lending risk strategy, modeling, or Fraud risk analytics work experience
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to drive business results through data driven business proposals
- Advanced operational risk, process, remediation, and control validation and/or assessment skills
- Significant experience in Operational Risk is a must
- A history of success in leading initiatives and driving results through collaboration or doing hands-on work
- Affinity for solving problems and diving deep into the details
- Proven business acumen in Consumer Lending products
- Proficient skills in SQL and Python
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to collaborate well with teammates and business partners and influence business decisions
- Innovate: Bring your brightest ideas to build best-in-class applications, onboard Fraud Prevention strategies, reduce fraud incidents, and improve operational Efficiency & Effectiveness across SoFi's wide suite of Consumer Lending products
- Building data pipelines and databases
- Provide Data-Driven Analysis: Your deep analysis will power the future of SoFi Fraud Prevention management with an optimal real-time data ecosystem - including multi-product internal, bureau, third-party, and alternative data sources and uses
- Control Risk: Manage fraud related incidents and remediation activities from Fraud events across SoFi ecosystem. This includes quantitative approach to identify impacted Members and develop a process to coordinate with Operations, Engineering, Communications and Enterprise Risk Management teams to Drive Operations Effectiveness, Efficiency, and Oversight. A key partner with the 2nd line of defense team to assess controls to identify any impact relative to organizational initiatives including new products, new strategies, channels, tools, processes and remediations
- Iterate, learn, innovate: We are all responsible for innovation and must embrace data-driven decisions. This includes working closely with cross functional teams to develop processes and learn and iterate on strategies and processes
- Build the Future: Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to develop an efficient fraud incident management process as well as feedback loop to identify opportunity to improve Fraud Prevention controls
- Be a Fraud Prevention SME: Analyze various types of Fraud as well as develop Fraud Prevention strategies, manage incidents and remediation. Understand drivers of the fraud events and provide recommendation to mitigate future occurrence
- Drive Performance Outcomes: Understand Fraud risk (3rd party, 1st party, and Synthetic) and develop approaches to mitigate Fraud loss and responsibly grow revenue. Monitor performance of strategies and portfolios. Document and communicate results andescalate issues as necessary. Identify gaps/opportunities, remediate issues and drive actions
- Grow, Grow, Grow: Be inspired by dynamic leaders and our rapidly growing business. We are recruiting the best, brightest, and passionately quantitative team members
- 5+ years of related experience with a Master's or PhD degree
- Expertise in the following would be beneficial: Fraud Awareness and Risk Management Operations and Systems (Information Security Standards, Vendor/Outsourcing Management and Legal and Regulatory)
- Experience solving data heavy problems
- Machine learning experience
- A passion for well-tested code and utilizing testing frameworks
Lender and financial services provider
SoFi’s mission is to help people reach financial independence to realize their ambitions.
- You’re taken care of. SoFi employees receive comprehensive health, vision, dental, life insurance, and disability benefits—as well as flexible time off, fitness, fertility, and family planning options.
- Realize your ambitions. We want to help our employees achieve financial freedom, just like our members. That’s why we contribute $200 per month toward your student loans to help pay down your debt—plus free financial classes.
- Never stop learning. We offer frequent training, mentorship opportunities, and leadership programs to develop our people. We also cover tuition costs for approved programs, up to $5,250 per year.
- Put our members’ interests first.
- Run after problems.
- Embrace diversity. Everyone should feel welcome, included and able to contribute.
- Get to the truth and make principle-based decisions.
- Make your footprint bigger than your foot.
- Do the right thing. If you’re not sure, do the harder thing.
- Set ambitious goals, be gritty, be accountable.
- Take care of other people and help them grow.
- Iterate, learn, innovate.
- Be SoFi missionaries.
- …and don’t forget to smile.