Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Truveta is the world’s first health provider led data platform with a vision of Saving Lives with Data. Our mission is to enable researchers to find cures faster, empower every clinician to be an expert, and help families make the most informed decisions about their care. Achieving Truveta’ s ambitious vision requires an incredible team of talented and inspired people with a special combination of health, software and big data experience who share our company values.
Truveta was born in the Pacific Northwest, but we have employees who live across the country. Our team enjoys the flexibility of a hybrid model and working from anywhere. In person attendance is required for two weeks during the year for Truveta Planning Weeks.
For overall team productivity, we optimize meeting hours in the pacific time zone. We avoid scheduling recurring meetings that start after 3pm PT, however, ad hoc meetings occur between 8am-6pm Pacific time.
Who We Need
Truveta is rapidly building a talented and diverse team to tackle complex health and technical challenges. Beyond core capabilities, we are seeking problem solvers, passionate and collaborative teammates, and those willing to roll up their sleeves while making a difference. If you are interested in the opportunity to pursue purposeful work, join a mission-driven team, and build a rewarding career while having fun, Truveta may be the perfect fit for you.
We are looking for an ML/NLP expert who can apply deep applied science and software development skills in building our AI systems. As an ML/NLP engineer you would work in an exciting and fast-paced environment, collaborating closely with multiple teams across the company and external research institutions. You will work as part of an organization that brings together talent in software, health, big data, machine learning, natural language processing, deep learning, and responsible AI towards accomplishing our mission. We value and encourage diversity in the belief that our differences make us and our products better.
We expect the candidate to:
- Innovate in applying SOTA Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning techniques
- Support hiring and mentoring of junior team members
- Collaborate with and contribute to the success of other teams and partners
- Collaborate with internal groups and external partners to deliver next generation of innovation in trustworthy healthcare
- Support and encourage experimentation and transparent, ethical scientific process in driving innovation
- 5+ years of experience in Applied Research in at least one of the following:
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related STEM field
- Professional experience developing production level algorithms, with a proven track record of successfully shipping applied research in production
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis skills
- Expertise in developing or applying predictive analytics, statistical modeling, data mining, or machine learning algorithms, especially at scale
- PhD degree in computer science or related STEM field
- Experience building Natural Language Processing components in shipping products
- Experience in adopting pre-trained models to new scenarios with additional structured/unstructured inputs
- Experience in applying AI fairness, transparency, ethics and responsible AI processes and standards
- Good written and verbal communication, including presentation skills
Key Differentiators: Grounded in a growth mindset, advocate for inclusion and diversity, and strong self-awareness
Be a part of building something special. Now is the perfect time to join Truveta. We have strong, established leadership with decades of success. We are well-funded. We are building a culture that prioritizes people and their passions across personal, professional, and everything in between. Join us as we build an amazing company together.
- Interesting and meaningful work for every career stage
- Great benefits package
- Comprehensive benefits with strong medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Professional development & training opportunities for continuous learning
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team activities (virtual and in-person as soon as we are able)
- The base pay for this position is $148,00 to $227,500. The pay range reflects the minimum and maximum target. Pay is based on several factors including location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional compensation such as incentive pay and stock options.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Truveta is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that having employees, interns, and contractors with diverse backgrounds enables Truveta to better meet our mission and serve patients and health communities around the world. We recognize that opportunities in technology historically excluded and continue to disproportionately exclude Black and Indigenous people, people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people. We strongly encourage individuals with these identities to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.