Software Engineer II
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
- 30 days - Become familiar with teams, technologies, process and culture. Contribute some code to production
- 90 days - Lead one or more customer-impacting features from design to delivery. Be the go-to person for a software component
- 6 months - Develop an all-round understanding of the data stack. Actively engage with stakeholders and other senior engineers to define longer-term plans. Drive on going process improvements as appropriate. Mentor more junior engineers
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Knowledge of/experience with frontend frameworks such as React
- Understanding of Agile or Kanban / Lean software development methodologies
- Experience with the latest architecture patterns including microservices, serverless, CI/CD a plus
- Experience with Scala and functional programing practices a plus
- Experience with cloud technologies, specifically Amazon Web Services. a plus
- Experience using modern build tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Github, etc. a plus
- Crossword wizardry, Codenames proficiency, Among Us expertise, etc. :)
Bazaarvoice helps brands capture, analyze and act upon social data, and enables authentic customer-powered marketing.
- Mental wellness matters - All team members get access to the Modern Health platform, which provides resources for personal/professional coaching, therapy, and meditation.
- Improve your community and b:generous - We believe in investing our time and money to support our communities globally.
- Embrace wellness and reward others - Through our YouEarnedIt platform, achievements, wellness, volunteering, and coaching is celebrated and rewarded, and everyone has a voice.
- Paid sabbaticals - We reward employees for hard work. After five years with Bazaarvoice, you can apply for an eight-week paid sabbatical.
- Recognition-based culture - We provide opportunities for annual merit rewards, company bonus schemes, and growth within your role.
- Flexible work from home policies - The working world has changed. So have we.
Company Core Values
- Customer is key - We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes. We approach every situation with a customer-first mindset.
- Passionate pursuit of performance - Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive, and curiosity. We love what we do, which makes us laser-focused on our mission.
- Transparency and integrity build trust - We believe in the power of authentic feedback. It’s in our DNA. We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
- Innovation over imitation - We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo. We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
- Stronger together - We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives. We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams. As a stronger company, we build a stronger community.