Security Engineer II
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Have 2+ years of career experience related to Security Engineering
- Have 2+ years of career experience related to Cloud Engineering
- Experience with database data access/management including SQL and BigQuery
- Experience implementing modern cloud infrastructure services in AWS or GCP
- Experience using containers and container orchestration technology (Mesos and Kubernetes)
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate security issues in Oscar's cloud environments and processes
- Assist with implementing and administering security controls for cloud environments
- Assist engineering teams with identifying security requirements for cloud applications
- Help create metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of our application security program and inform continuous program improvements
- Create, update, and maintain documentation for all configurations for the production environment
- Secure development life-cycle (SDLC & CI/CD) practices including threat modeling and security testing
- Prior work experience in a risk management capacity
- Prior work experience in or understanding of security challenges specific to the healthcare or health insurance industries
- Experience with Terraform or ArgoCD
Health insurance company
Oscar Health’s mission is to make high-quality health insurance accessible and affordable for everyone. The company is a software driven health insurance company that offers medical plans, medicare advantages, and small group products.
- Health insurance - That’s a given. Employees and their families receive incredible health insurance.
- Financial benefits - A penny saved....we’re talking about a 401K plan, health savings accounts, and more.
- Well @ Oscar - We care about your wellness with fitness classes and access to mental health support.
- Work-Life Balance - We offer multiple time-off options, wellness days, and 10+ weeks of parental leave.
- Learning & Development - We offer everything from mentorship to management training.
Company Core Values
- What we do is a big deal. We’re solving problems that change and save lives.
- Powered by people. Members above all. Developing and growing others is what raises the bar.
- No genius without grit. Be relentless. Be scrappy. Trying and failing beats not trying and changing nothing.
- Seek the truth... but never assume you’ve found it. Be scientific.
- Inspire & provoke. Develop and display leadership at all levels. Fight to be the best.
- Be transparent. Give and ask for direct feedback. Be grateful for and excited by the help of others.
- Make it right. Admit your mistakes. Then learn from them. Never build alone.