Customer Support Lead
Posted on 4/27/2022
- Have 2+ years of experience leading customer support or other user-facing teams, preferably in high-growth technology companies
- Have expertise in adding structure for support teams growing quickly
- Enjoy teaching and mentoring others on how to become really skilled at support
- Feel highly confident working with tickets that deal with API issues, banking system errors, or other problems of a fairly technical nature
- Can execute complex operational projects that affect multiple teams
- Consistently exercise empathy while helping entrepreneurs build successful businesses
- Can break down hard problems into clear, understandable pieces, and excel at using data to drive decisions (even when the data is not perfect)
- Always question the first answer, and enjoy going levels deeper to find all the edge cases
- Show rigor when designing new processes, and put a high bar on the quality of your work
- Exercise creativity while working within difficult constraints
- Hire and lead a team that is efficient, competent, and extremely knowledgeable about our product and users, as well as the US banking system at large
- Improve team efficiency and effectiveness by setting and tracking metrics
- Extend knowledge and learning across the support organization by augmenting or building tools and processes
- Serve as a mentor and problem solver on difficult tickets or escalations
- Help the team work towards extremely high standards on response quality, and create genuine customer love
- Work cross-functionally to improve our product, investigate thorny technical (either engineering or banking-related) issues, and fix bugs
- Collaborate with our banking partners to make product or process changes that help our users
- Advocate for users and user experience across the company with data and well-told stories
- Work alongside the team on tickets when there are large issues, or when volume is unusually high
Banking for startups
Mercury is on a mission to build a banking stack for startups. The company provides banking services and APIs for startups.
- Think actively: Question processes. Give thoughtful responses. Find the best way instead of going by how it’s always been done.
- Appreciate quality: Take pride in crafting a lasting product. Work with the best equipment. Invest in great things that improve your life.
- Be super helpful: Go above and beyond to solve problems. Exercise empathy. Deliver magic to customers and coworkers.
- Maximize efficiency: Minimize unnecessary meetings and management. Work together with others to get the job finished.
- Act with humility: Treat everyone with respect. Leave egos at the door.
- Focus on product: Ask yourself how the product can be better today than it was yesterday.