Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking an Assistant Store Manager to join our Retail Operations team at our store location in Dallas, Knox Henderson.
Our Retail team creates a transformative experience that inspires a global community. We build connections with our community through product expertise and merchandising, world-class-service standards, and operational excellence. We pride ourselves in owning the offline touch point for our community, and use it as an opportunity to create more Away fans.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will represent the Away brand by providing best-in-class support to all of our customers from the moment they step foot in the door til the moment they leave. You will directly contribute to the store’s success by having unparalleled customer interactions and by honing deep product expertise.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our Employee Resource Groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
Ensure your team is providing top-notch customer service to every person, every time.
Communicate Away’s values and brand philosophy to customers and team members alike
Develop, execute, and continuously improve all operational activities to make sure the store hits financial expectations and exceeds customer expectations
Work cross-functionally to ensure the store is a hit! Work across the aisle with marketing, CX, creative, and HQ partners to make sure we create exemplary retail experiences
Hire, retain and develop your team of retail associates, growing them into our next generation of retail leaders
Oversee daily staffing, inventory management, and visual standards. Oversee all front of house and back of house procedures to keep the store’s engine efficiently running.
Help execute any in-store marketing or programming events by liasoning with HQ team members
Who you are:
Top performer with the track record to prove it and has a deep understanding of elevated customer experience
A minimum of two years of managerial experience; preferably at a customer-centric retailer or company
Has a passion for people development and a knack for motivation
Loves to travel!
Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
Ability to pull, push, lift, and carry up to 25 pounds throughout the duration of a work shift
Ability to stand/be on feet for extended periods of time throughout the duration of a work shift
Ability to bend, squat, twist, and reach as needed throughout the duration of a work shift
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards program that also includes benefits, bonus, equity and various social and professional investment opportunities at Away. Pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including scope and qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other Away employees. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at Away to fall healthily within the range based on these factors.
- Salary Range: $52,000 - $55,000 annually, overtime eligible
- This role is eligible to participate in Away’s Annual Company Performance Bonus Plan, the terms of which are determined on an annual basis at the discretion of the company
- Equity Grant: commensurate with level determined at the discretion of the company
- Benefits Overview:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Flexible spending, health savings and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (vacation, personal well being, volunteer, paid holidays, floating holidays, bereavement and jury duty)
- Paid Parental Leave, Short & Long-term disability
- Product stipends and recognition awards
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total rewards packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a stocked kitchen.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities, as well as access to one-on-one professional coaching services, so we can support you as the company’s needs evolve.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through people-focused initiatives like our Employee Resource Groups, monthly cultural programming, our hybrid approach to ways of working, and our newly designed HQ that centers intentionality & collaboration, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]