Staff Engineering Program Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Plymouth, MI, USA
- 5 years experience on a program team
- BS in Engineering or similar technical degree required
- Masters Degree (Preferred)
- Launch experience on a vehicle program
- DRE experience
- Exposure to multiple functional areas
- Vehicle integration or calibration experience
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical systems
- Technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area
- Ability to travel significantly for operational integration program topics to the Normal, IL manufacturing plant. Approx. 50% flexing slightly when needed
- Vehicle Balance vs. marketing and styling requirements
- Support physical integration of the vehicle via design reviews with the Chief Engineer
- Support performance integration of vehicle, including driving design solutions for integration issues
- Imperative allocation to SMTs and managing imperative trade-offs
- Engineering budget trade-offs (vehicle and material focus)
- Responsible for program deliverables status at program gateways and weekly executive reviews
- Issue resolution champion and roadblock remover for cross functional issues
- Run weekly KPI meeting
- Engineering approval responsibility for engineering releases
- Design, Development, Validation, Release and Launch Execution of an all new vehicle
- Engineering leadership including on-site support as needed at assembly plant or test locations
- Lead Mule build execution
- Assistant to Vehicle Line Director or Vehicle Program Director
- Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team