Posted on 10/7/2022
Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 3+ years of full-time experience in a Python & SQL development environment required
- Experience building scalable and reliable products in the cloud
- Comfortable writing large-scale, high performance code
- Good diagnostic and debugging skills
- Must be familiar with the backend aspect of serving technologies
- Experience with traffic analysis a plus
- Be able to prioritize end to end, debug, be familiar with user tracking, cookie management, web crawling technologies, bug detection, and traffic quality
- Prototype, develop, optimize, and expand an ecosystem of services that work with data: backend services for retrieving, managing, and monitoring data; streaming and batch data processing; frameworks for data ingestion
- Evaluate, recommend, and perform proof-of-concepts for new services and frameworks
- Guide architectural design, anticipating needs and highlighting tradeoffs in performance and functionality
- Participate in peer code reviews and produce high quality documentation
- Take projects through the full engineering lifecycle: designing, ticketing, building, testing, deploying, and debugging tools and products
- Help grow a team and work with a tight knit group of engineers and data stakeholders
- Flexibility in working with different teams, products, and their data needs
Ad & marketing platform
System1's mission is to provide the most accurate and useful predictions in marketing. The company operates a Responsive Acquisition Marketing Platform to connect high intent customers with advertisers at scale.
- Great compensation
- 401(k) company match
- Excellence benefits
- Charitable gift matching
- Education subsidy
- Referral bonus
- Weekly happy hour
- Catered lunches & free snacks
- Weekly workouts
Company Core Values
- System1 supports you - Whether this means providing a challenging job as part of your long-term career with us, maintaining work/life balance, or continuing your education, we want to support you and make you better.
- Everyone is on the same team - Our co-workers are our teammates. This means respecting your teammates as much as it does enjoying working with them. We may disagree, but we do it openly and respectfully. When we win, we win together.
- Be yourself - We believe that different backgrounds, experiences and points of view make us stronger and more innovative. We champion an environment where everyone is genuinely seen, heard and respected.
- Own it - We don’t provide boxes for you to think in, and we encourage individual responsibility. We never blame someone else, and there is always a way to get it done. We want creative innovators who are driven to get results.
- Make an impact - Being of service to others is in our DNA. We contribute our expertise, time and money to causes we care about in the communities in which we live and work. Giving back makes us and the world better.
- 1% better every day - We strive to always improve every single day - our technology, our business, our community, ourselves.