Quality Assurance Manager
Posted on 11/2/2022
Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience in quality engineering focusing on field quality, reliability, aftermarket reverse logistics, and transforming data into technically meaningful metrics
- Strong leadership skill to collaborate with other organizations to ensure quality product and superior customer experience
- Understand fundamentals of electromechanical design, manufacturing, and engineering test
- Strong written and verbal communication skills of technical details and engineering analyses with domestic and international teams
- Impeccable attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Self motivated and proactive, demonstrating creative and critical thinking capabilities in a team environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 15%)
- Collaborate with Hardware, Manufacturing and Membership Services organization to become an expert in product quality assurance related to design, manufacturing and field failures
- Develop reliability test plans and protocols, partnering with external engineering labs and manufacturing partners to leverage their testing and analysis capabilities
- Implement quality assurance plans during NPI stages
- Improve and implement factory and supplier quality processes such as Outgoing and Incoming Quality Control (OQC) (IQC)
- Develop validation plans for production changes including plan creation, risk level assessment, performance and failure analysis, and support change approval/rejection
- Project manage field quality initiatives with suppliers, external test providers, and engineering labs, owning the technical definition, schedule, cost, and coordination with all stakeholders and contributors
- Lead returned product engineering failure analysis, RMA diagnostic testing, and project management to achieve yield, product lifetime, and field performance improvements
- Perform data analytics on returned product, field reliability and field performance data. Create data visualizations for engineering team and stakeholder visibility
- Perform 8D based RCCA for returns and field failures. Analyze results and present detailed, actionable reports to engineering teams and manufacturing partners
- Understand, analyze, and optimize product return strategy, member communications, and field troubleshooting decision trees and SOPs
Wearable performance & optimization technology
Whoop’s mission is to unlock human performance though tapping into every individual owner's potential which can be enhanced through continuous monitoring. The company has built a system across hardware, software, and analytics designed to collect and analyze the most important data on the human data.
- Take Time Off: Time outside of the office is important for sleep, strain and recovery! Our PTO plan encourages members to take time off in order to come back refreshed.
- Live a Healthy Lifestyle: Our competitive benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their dependents. Life and disability insurance are also available.
- Feel Invested: In addition to a competitive base salary and 401k, you're eligible to receive stock options to share in the future of WHOOP. Work means more when you have personal stake. You have ownership in what we are building.
- Eat Well: Keep hunger at bay with endless snacks in our fully stocked kitchen. Enjoy catered team lunches on Friday, and even a cold brew keg.
- Know The Product: We want you to understand and experience the product firsthand. We offer you a WHOOP strap and membership at no cost.
- Be Active: Take advantage of our office gym and on-site showers! WHOOP also offers a $500 yearly wellness perk for fitness classes and memberships.
- Be Present: It’s important to be present when bringing home a new family member. Take care of your loved ones with 12 weeks paid parental leave, plus an additional 2 weeks to gradually return to work.
- Love Where You Work: Sitting in the heart of Fenway, our beautiful office overlooks Fenway Park. A prime location for great food, not to mention catching a Sox game, too!
- Work Hard, Play Harder: If we don't already have a club here that fits your lifestyle and interests, you're encouraged to start one. Share your passions with others at work, or discover new ones!
Company Core Values
- Unlock Human Performance
- High Intensity & High Humility
- Research & Design
- Uncomfortable Pace
- Transparent & Loyal