Posted on 1/20/2023
Toronto, ON, Canada
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- You have previously worked on building serious data pipelines ingesting and transforming > 10 ^6 events per minute and terabytes of data per day
- You are passionate about producing clean, maintainable, and testable code as part of a real-time data pipeline
- You understand how microservices work and are familiar with concepts of data modeling
- You can connect different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before and follow the flow of data through various pipelines to debug data issues
- You have worked with Spark and Kafka before and have experimented with or heard about Flink/Druid/Ignite/Presto/Athena and understand when to use one over the other
- On a bad day maintaining a zookeeper and bringing up a cluster doesn't bother you
- You may not be a networking expert but you understand issues with ingesting data from applications in multiple data centers across geographies, on-premise, and cloud and will find a way to solve them
- Proficient in Java/Scala/Python/Spark
- Work directly with Machine Learning Engineers and Platform Engineering Team to create reusable experimental and production data pipelines
- Understand, tune, and master the processing engines (like Spark, Hive, Samza, etc) used day-to-day
- Keep the data whole, safe, and flowing with expertise on high-volume data ingest and streaming platforms (like Spark Streaming, Kafka, etc)
- Sheppard and shape the data by developing efficient structures and schema for the data in storage and transit
- Explore as many new technology options for data processing, and storage, and share them with the team
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible
- Adopt problem-solving as a way of life - always go to the root cause
Paytm Labs began as a research and development division of Paytm. They pride themselves in building products and services that enrich and empower people's lives daily. They believe that culture is a product of everyday behaviours that are celebrated and amplified.
- Health & Wellbeing - Your group health benefits are 100% funded by us, and start on your first day.
- Travel the World - Even though we are currently working remotely, usually our employees make frequent international business-related trips while working on exciting projects.
- Continuous Learning - We're passionate about learning and strive to constantly improve and innovate. We learn from others, our challenges & our successes.
- Connection - In this virtual world, we stay connected through events like game nights, movie nights, arts & crafts sessions (like Origami), meditation sessions, and much more.
- Autonomy & Flexibility - You get to define how you want to make an impact. We truly believe that great things happen when people are given the trust and freedom to create their own path.
- Beautiful Office - Whenever we return back to the office, you’ll get to check out our awesome workspace, complete with pool and ping pong tables, a snack-filled kitchen, and tons of cozy work spaces.
Company Core Values
- Intent Overrides Ability
- The Power of Asking, ‘Why?’
- We Before Me
- Do Great Things, Fast