Senior It Systems Engineer
Posted on 2/2/2022
Austin, TX, USA • New York, NY, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Experience writing scripts that integrate with systems, leverage APIs, and automate bulk tasks
- Experience working with a team to plan, prioritize, build, and deploy code regularly using CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of identity and access management systems, services and protocols (SAML, SCIM, LDAP, OAuth2.0/OIDC, AD)
- Understanding of security and compliance methodologies and practices, including experience with security incident response processes and tools
- Experience integrating tools/solutions/scripts with enterprise business systems (eg. Workday, Salesforce, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with middleware / data integration platforms (Mulesoft, Boomi, etc.)
- Experience in directly engaging with the business teams to understand their requirements
- A strong desire to automate everything and an ambassador for scalable and sustainable solutions
- A highly collaborative and customer support focused mentality
- A results-oriented attitude with attention to detail: we expect engineers to own projects from planning to production deployment (and production operations!)
- Low ego with appetite for feedback: we value humility and sharing + receiving feedback for growth and continuous improvement
- Business empathy & clear communication: we work with product, design & business stakeholders collaboratively from early in the design process. We look for engineers to frame technical problems in the context of business value and be able to communicate with cross-functional teams
- Prioritization & value orientation: we operate with agile principles and balance long-term planning with re-evaluating priorities based on new data and assumptions
- Problem solving & ownership: we look for a willingness to take on problems in a growing organization where there's not yet a defined solution
- Act as solutions architect for IT systems and partner with IT Support and other teams to implement and maintain integrations with other platforms and tools
- Lead technical requirements gathering, technical gap analysis, and solution design
- Help with best practices to scale our account life-cycle management. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive systems and Identity and Access Management architecture, strategy and direction, and to improve the quality, reliability, scalability, and supportability of existing infrastructure
- Extend tooling and solutions to enable self-service for our users and support our operations team with the day to day requests
- Develop and maintain documentation on our environment and enable usage and support across IT
- Collaborate with business partners in designing, implementing and architecting business solutions to our business problems
- Play an active role mentoring other engineers
- Draft and propose new designs and defend them to leadership
- Work with the following technologies: Python3, AWS, Tray.io, Jamf, InTune
- Work with the following APIs: Okta, DocuSign, Google Workspace, Slack
- In-depth experience with any big data logging and analytics platforms
- Familiarity with sprint based project methodologies and/or formal project management experience
- Experience with cloud implementations (PaaS, IaaS) AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Okta Certified Administrator
Online platform for buying and selling residential real estate
Orchard wants to reinvent the way people buy and sell their homes.
- Comprehensive benefits - We offer medical, vision, and dental benefits for employees and dependents, with some plans fully sponsored by Orchard.
- Paid parental leave - We offer new parents up to 18 weeks paid leave to bond with their newborns—plus a customized one-month transition period to ease into life as a working parent.
- Paid family leave - We offer up to 10 weeks paid leave for employees who need to care for sick family members.
- Flexible paid time off - We count your contributions, not vacation days. Take the time you need to recharge and refresh.
- Team events - From monthly town hall meetings to team lunches and gatherings outside of the office, we make time to celebrate wins and unwind together.
- Paid industry certification - We cover dues on licenses and renewal fees for brokers, realtors, and more.
- Create raving fans
- Own it
- Find a way
- Treat people with respect
- Mission before team. Team before self
- Commit yourself to grestness- every day