Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We’re growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Senior Director of Talent Development at Braze, you will have the opportunity to work in an exciting, innovative, team-oriented environment where you will act as a strategic thought partner to the Chief People Officer and the broader Braze leadership team. In this position, you will lead the development and execution of an integrated talent management and learning and development strategy in support of business goals.
- Build collaborative relationships across leadership teams in order to inform, develop, implement, support, and execute measurable talent development strategies that align with business objectives;
- Partner effectively with People Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, People Operations, and Total Rewards to create an integrated talent development strategy that delivers value to the business
- Manage and optimize the talent development budget, including personnel, T&E, technology, and professional services budgets;
- Oversee organization-wide talent management lifecycle and processes (e.g. organizational design, feedback and performance management, succession planning, talent reviews, promotion, and career pathing) to ensure fair and inclusive outcomes and build internal capabilities;
- Evaluate the current feedback process and create a true culture of continuous feedback;
- Revamp the performance assessment process based on employee feedback and best practices, and introduce calibration company-wide;
- Improve our talent review process and resources, and introduce talent assessments company-wide;
- Build a comprehensive succession planning framework and supporting resources;
- Assess and evolve current career development processes and materials, including conversation frameworks, ladders, plan templates, etc.;
- Develop organizational design principles aligned with Braze’s goals and strategy and define metrics to measure the effectiveness of organizational structure changes;
- Assess existing organizational structure in partnership with the People Business Partners team and propose effective solutions to ensure Braze is well positioned for future growth;
- Develop overarching strategies and action plans to retain Braze’s top talent, partnering with other teams based on your approach, that the People Business Partners can tailor and put into practice;
Learning & Development
- Oversee the design, measurement, iteration, and deployment of core L&D programs, including but not limited to company onboarding, leadership development, and professional development;
- Partner with the People Business Partners team to assess and develop learning approaches to meet specific division or functional needs, including leadership coaching and external offerings;
- Evolve and scale learning programs and develop skills and capabilities to address gaps and align with the business growth strategy for multiple employee audiences;
- Using critical decision-making, identify and prioritize mission-critical knowledge and skills gaps through ongoing needs assessments;
- Ensure the deployment of an inclusive, blended learning approach (instructor-led training, virtual sessions, e-learning, social learning, etc.) to support the learning needs of all types of learners;
- Oversee the evaluation mechanisms & assessments to measure the learning efficacy of all L&D programs and create opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Support the development, administration, and evaluation of employee badging programs and competency matrices;
WHO YOU ARE
- 8+ years of experience driving organizational development programs and processes and creating learning strategies to meet organizational capability needs;
- Subject matter expert in talent development;
- A role model for leading, coaching, managing, and developing employees;
- A keen understanding of how technology can be used to solve business challenges;
- An ability to actively participate in discussions with leadership to determine business drivers and map talent development efforts that support those goals;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to assimilate complex concepts and clearly articulate business value to leadership;
- Excellent one-on-one and group presentation skills;
- An interest in spearheading creative, scalable, and repeatable programming, with an ability to uncover untapped potential;
- Able to work in a cross-functional team environment with changing and evolving roles and responsibilities;
- An ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $180,000 and $230,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $210,000 and $260,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.