Senior Engineering Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA • New York, NY, USA
- SF or NYC based and able to be in person
- 5+ years track record in engineering management and leadership positions
- Track record of Platform & infrastructure development in the high performance product companies environment. Candidates should be able to cite systems currently in production that they developed and rolled out
- Experience building infrastructure to power AI/ML capabilities
- 30% Managing of IC's within the team
- 30% technical execution/coordination, resolution of execution issues
- 20% strategic platform planning with product leads
- 20% technical platform planning, design, and coding
- Set the direction of your team; anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful planning, both from a personnel and technical standpoint
- Converting internal conversations into actionable platform strategy
- High quality execution. Responsible for accelerating velocity for our platform org
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
- Technically impressive, breaks down platform strategy and team asks into correct technical building blocks, mentors the team's technical output and calls BS
- Working with the cross functional roles (Finance/Security/Supply/Ops)
- Unblocking and pushing the team to hit deadlines
- Comfortable with navigating hard-to-follow (or non-existent) processes and comfortable identifying processes which aren't working and changing them
- Uses data for decision making
- Growing the team/setting up for success
- Fosters a collaborative, ambitious, and outcome-driven culture that embodies our values
- Partner with our People team to attract and engage top talent
Data platform for AI
Scale AI's mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications.
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage - Our health plans give you the flexibility to select the right coverage for you and eligible family members through a variety of plan options.
- Easy to use 401(K) - Plan and invest for the future with a 401(k) via Guideline. Scale’s 401(k) plan provides you an opportunity to defer compensation for your long-term savings.
- Wellness Fund - We care about the physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing of all Scaliens. Our $100/month wellness stipend can be used for gym memberships, acupuncture, meditation apps, and so much more.
- Virtual Social Activities - Being remote has not stopped us from hosting fun virtual events. From trivia night to candle making, we ensure employees are fostering connections & building strong relationships.
- Learning & Development - We know how important career growth is for Scaliens, so we offer a $500/year L&D stipend to help support continued development throughout your journey.
- Flexible hours allow you to work when you are most productive. You can work with your manager to best plan your daily work schedule.
- Generous Paid Time Off - Enjoy time to travel or plan a staycation. We encourage employees to take time off to recharge and prevent burnout. We have a flexible PTO policy where each employee is afforded the flexibility to take planned time-off as needed.
- Commuter Benefits - Set aside pre-tax dollars to use on qualified transportation expenses to help ease your commute.
- Parental Leave - Balancing work and family is essential, and Scale understands the importance of having adequate leave policies in place to promote a healthy home and work life.
Company Core Values
- Earn customer love
- Intellectual rigor, open mind
- Ambition shapes reality
- Team flow
- Ownership is the job
- Run through walls
- Up the tempo
- Results speak loudest