Product Designer (Returnly)
Posted on 11/13/2021
Remote in USA
- Strong Written and verbal English communication skills
- At least 3+ years of consumer product design experience
- Experience working Product Management and Design teams to influence wireframes and functional specs
- Experience contributing to, or establishing, style guides for digital product experiences
- Strong mobile experience, you've led at least 1 mobile project end to end and contributed to others
- A strong desire to work collaboratively with a growing design team across Product and Brand, UX Research and Content Strategy
- Great communication skills with designers and non-designers alike, and can effectively articulate what problems you're solving for and your design decisions
- Experience and are comfortable validating concepts through research, low and high-fidelity prototyping, and user testing
- An equal amount of comfort working the details of your designs at a pixel-perfect level as well as at a broad conceptual one
- An ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision, while recognizing how your work impacts it
- Self-drive, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A strong portfolio showcasing your problem solving skills and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- (Bonus)Experience designing for direct-to-consumer or business-to-business e-commerce platforms
- Design and execute new products as part of our Merchant Experience design team
- Validate ideas and design decisions with qualitative feedback by user research
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, data analysts, and support teams to define product experience
- Collaborate with designers across our Shopper and Merchant experience teams to delight both customer segments
- Contribute our Merchant Design system and larger documentation
- Help shape the Design team culture, influence the way we work, and participate in the hiring process for new talent
- Own the end-to-end product development process, to prioritize multiple assignments, present work to internal stakeholders, and deliver killer creative under deadline
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
Company Core Values
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.