Cloud Software Engineer 2
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Columbia, MD, USA
- At least five (5) years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
- At least three (3) years of experience developing software with high level languages (such as Java, C, C++), developing software in UNIX/Linux (RedHat versions 3-5+), and software integration and testing (to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts)
- At least two (2) years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as H Base, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Etc
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience
- Experience with Java/Pig MapReduce is required
- Developing answers to questions via Java Map/Reduce, making them available via the corporate tool suites
- Opportunities to research and work with multiple platforms for development
- Working in a cohesive, small team environment
- Java Map Reduce experience required
- Knowledge of IP Protocols, Network topologies, databases desired
- Experience with customer GHOSTMACHINE analytic development
- Experience with Jira, Maven, and Git
- Work in a team environment
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.