Voleon is a technology company that applies state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real-world problems in finance. For more than a decade, we have led our industry and worked at the frontier of applying machine learning to investment management. We have become a multi-billion-dollar asset manager, and we have ambitious goals for the future.
Your colleagues will include internationally recognized experts in machine learning research as well as highly experienced finance and technology professionals. You will be working with strategies that are at the forefront of machine learning and statistical trading. The strategies have been carefully designed to generate non-correlated returns. Our firm and its strategies are the product of many years of meticulous research and craftsmanship, and you will lead the way in bringing them to investors.
In addition to our enriching and collegial working environment, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages, unparalleled access to our experts and founders, a beautiful modern office, daily catered lunches, and more.
The Vice President, Performance Reporting and Client Service will lead a team responsible for providing Voleon’s clients with timely performance reporting, quantitative risk analytics, and other service requirements. The successful candidate will leverage a combination of financial acumen, project and people management expertise, and sound business judgment to elevate Voleon’s performance data, insights, and operational service to best-in-class levels. This role will help drive a transformation of Voleon’s performance reporting capabilities as we seek to enhance our level of partnership with clients. Reporting to the Head of Investor Relations and Business Development, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with senior leadership including the CFO, COO, and other key cross functional stakeholders on business-critical projects. The successful candidate will also work closely with external service providers (fund administrators, 3rd party analytics services, etc) to ensure Voleon’s data is accurately captured and represented. This role is a means to make a difference: the data infrastructure, analytics, and service processes you lead will directly enhance Voleon’s leading position in the world of quantitative finance.
- Oversee production and delivery of all investment and operational processes and reporting. Examples include: Monthly/quarterly/annual fund performance reporting, capital activity processing and reporting, firm-level due diligence content and data, and regulatory reporting (in conjunction with our Compliance team)
- Ensure Voleon provides best-in-class client service when responding to investor requests for data, marketing materials, operational updates, and other ad-hoc queries
- Coordinate and manage investor operational due diligence processes, including on-site investor meetings
- Partner with key 3rd party organizations (i.e., fund administrators, 3rd party risk aggregators, investment consultants) to ensure Voleon’s data and information are accurately reflected in the marketplace
- Lead and manage a small team (3-4 professionals)
- Partner with Voleon’s software engineering team to improve the firm’s enterprise performance data infrastructure and tools
- 5+ years of experience in the investment management industry
- Strong grasp of performance analytics, portfolio construction, risk, and other investment concepts
- Experience managing individuals and small teams
- Comfort and familiarity with large data sets and systems
- Eagerness to work with diverse teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or related applied experience
- If working remotely, regular travel to our Berkeley office will be required
The base salary range for this position is $130,000 to $170,000 in the location(s) of this posting. Individual salaries are determined through a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geography. Base salary does not include other forms of total compensation such as bonus compensation and other benefits. Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, life and AD&D insurance, 20 days of paid time off, 9 sick days, and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
“Friends of Voleon” Candidate Referral Program
If you have a great candidate in mind for this role and would like to have the potential to earn $7,500 if your referred candidate is successfully hired and employed by The Voleon Group, please use this form to submit your referral. For more details regarding eligibility, terms and conditions please make sure to review the Voleon Referral Bonus Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Voleon Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
The Voleon Group has implemented a policy requiring all employees who will be entering our worksite, including new hires, to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. This policy also applies to remote employees, as such employees will be asked to visit our offices from time to time. To the extent permitted by applicable law, proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. This policy is part of Voleon’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and community, and to support public health efforts.