Ready to make connectivity from space universally accessible, secure and actionable? Then you’ve come to the right place!
At E-Space, we’re focused on bridging Earth and space with the world’s most sustainable low Earth orbit (LEO) satellite network. We’re a team of bold thinkers, ambitious leaders and dynamic doers—and we’re disrupting NewSpace by fundamentally changing the design of legacy LEO space systems to deliver entirely new satellite capabilities at a fraction of the cost.
We’re intentional, we’re unapologetically curious and we’re 100% committed—to saving space, to protecting our planet and to turning connectivity into actionable intelligence.
What is the role?
This position will be part of the satellite platform group, working closely with mechanical, electrical, and RF team members on the development of satellite thermal control systems. The satellite platform relies on good communication and shared expertise to develop system level solutions balancing mass power and performance. This position offers the opportunity to have ownership of the satellite thermal hardware from concept design, through analysis, prototyping, manufacturing, and assembly.
This position will report to the VP of Satellite Platform and will be based onsite at our Los Gatos, CA office location.
Why you’re the right candidate
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, mechanical or a related engineering field with a strong background in heat transfer
- You have demonstrated experience with thermal systems and passive thermal management techniques on satellites
- You have experience performing hand calculations for early feasibility, as well as detailed heat transfer simulations for space vehicle components and assemblies
- You are proficient with Thermal Desktop
- You are familiar with orbital mechanics and attitude dynamics related to thermal analysis and have experience as a thermal engineer for a flying satellite
- You are familiar with satellite structures, materials, processes and design trade space
Additional experience we’d like to see
- Experience with the design, manufacturing, and assembly processes of satellite hardware (CubeSat, ESPA-class, etc.)
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Familiarity with machined part design and knowledge of machine shop and manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with electronics packaging and PCB design
We are redefining how satellites are designed, manufactured and used—so we’re looking for candidates with passion, deep knowledge and direct experience on LEO satellite component development, design and in-orbit activities. If that’s your experience – then we’ll be immediately wow-ed.
E-Space is not currently able to provide employment sponsorship for candidates who do not hold work authorization for the location of this role.
The estimated base salary range for this role is $100,000-180,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question, which is based on market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based on location, skills and expertise, depth of relevant experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
Why E-Space is right for you
We want you to make the most of your journey at E-Space. That’s why we support and invest in the physical, emotional and financial well-being of our team members and their families. Some of what you can expect when working at E-Space:
· An opportunity to really make a difference
· Sustainability at our core
· Fair and honest workplace
· Innovative thinking is encouraged
· Competitive salaries
· Continuous learning and development
· Health and wellness care options
· Financial solutions for the future
· Optional legal services
· Paid holidays
· Paid time off