Senior Scientist-Oligonucleotide Synthesis
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Pleasanton, CA, USA
- PhD. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years industry experience in oligonucleotide manufacturing process development and/or manufacturing
- Extensive experience with plate-based oligonucleotide synthesis instrumentation (e.g. Dr Oligo, Mermade) and subsequent plate-based downstream processing
- Proven hands-on experience in the synthesis, purification, and QC of oligonucleotides as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, published patents, or commercialized products
- Expert technical knowledge of nucleotide modifications and oligonucleotide synthesis, purification, and QC methods, techniques, strategies, and equipment
- Ability to meticulously design and execute on meaningful experiments and perform in-depth analyses of the resultant data. Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, is beneficial
- Exceptionally strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines
- Experience developing and implementing novel QC methods to assess reagent performance in both functional and orthogonal assays
- Proven track record of ability to develop, validate, and transfer processes to manufacturing or OEM vendors
- Strong process transfer experience, demonstrating control of manufacturing processes through appropriate Process Design and QC methods
- Proven ability to write SOPs and train others to successfully perform the work
- Strong organizational, collaboration, and written and oral communication skills
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization with the ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Experience in GMP, GLP setting and good documentation practices preferred
- Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP to analyze complex data sets, create DOE experiments, and data trending
- Previous work guiding the development of new manufacturing and production infrastructure
- Experience operating liquid handling robots and other common laboratory automation tools, ability to program these instruments would be very beneficial
- Leading the conception, development, and optimization of robust, high-throughput, plate-based oligonucleotide manufacturing methods and processes in preparation for transfer to production
- Establishing suitable purification processes for diverse classes of oligonucleotides with varying physical properties at different scales
- Planning and performing systematic workflow and reagent optimization by modeling, guard band studies, identification of critical factors, and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches. This includes in-depth analysis and reporting of your data through documentation and presentations to internal groups
- Identifying and optimizing any compounding factors, such as temperature, environment, workflow, pressures, reagent concentrations, etc. that could impact the resulting product
- Developing and validating new QC methods to assess the suitability, stability, and functionality of a range of oligonucleotides through a variety of analytical and functional tests
- Implementing routine process QC methods to ensure processes are in control
- Identification and implementation of statistical process control tools
- Verifying that the manufactured products output meets all predetermined requirements
- Driving the technology transfer phase as new products move from process development into manufacturing in preparation for commercial launch
- Installation and verification of equipment, documenting processes, and training operators
- Independently troubleshooting and resolving reagent formulation, process, QC, and incoming material issues
- Providing technical leadership in the production and analysis of oligonucleotides to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Guiding infrastructure requirements to build out internal oligonucleotide manufacturing capabilities
- Working closely with computational and molecular biologists to interpret data generated by novel assays
DNA sequencing insight platform
10x Genomics is on a mission to develop innovative instruments, reagents, and software that allow you to see your biological system at a resolution that matches its complexity. The company enables scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
Company Core Values
- We are mission driven and stay relentlessly focused on that mission.
- We operate from first principles.
- We strive for exponential impact.
- We put WE before ME.
- We believe exceptional talent delivers outsized results.