Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote in USA
Google Cloud Platform
- 5+ years of production infrastructure engineering experience developing and/or operating web applications in a major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring, and storage systems
- Mentoring skills: experience with training and educating teammates or colleagues on contemporary best practices
- Ability to lead deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams
- You have experience with Docker, AWS ECS, and/or Kubernetes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (we're a remote team!)
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools (Terraform etc) and thoughts about their respective strengths and weaknesses
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, routing, and load balancing
- Ability to read and write code in one or more languages including Go, Ruby, or Python (and Bash of course!)
- Software development background
- Familiarity with git and common software development practices
- Ability to write tests
- Capable of reading and understanding the code in order to participate in the code review process
- This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work
- Scribd is searching for a Site Reliability Engineer to join the Core Infrastructure team and work on the foundations of Scribd as we take our platform into the future. Each day provides both opportunities to perform and opportunities to learn
- We recognize that everyone has a unique set of work and life experiences, and believe that a broader set of perspectives will produce better results for all. We continually strive for inclusivity and strongly value diversity. We support others' growth and celebrate our collective achievements
- You will help build and operate a modern service-oriented AWS infrastructure and maintain uptime for a product used by 250+ million people every month
- Your impact will influence the future and direction of our infrastructure to improve observability into the health of our services
- Infrastructure engineering passion for building predictable, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- A strong understanding of AWS platform services and their strengths/weaknesses
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and ability to pick up things quickly and put them into use
- An interest in service-oriented architectures and topics such as availability, eventual consistency, fault tolerance, and scalability
- Knowledge of database design best practices for high throughput applications and experience writing SQL queries
- Experience working to improve 24/7 on-call rotations, reduce alert fatigue, and improve automation
Scribd's mission is to change the way the world reads.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - A robust Diversity, Equity and Inclusion program that includes company-wide training, equitable hiring best practices, Employee Resource Groups, and company-wide goals.
- Scribd flex - We embrace flexibility as a key principle and will allow employees, in partnership with their manager, to choose the workstyle that best suits their individual needs and preferences.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability - We offer comprehensive healthcare plans and cover premiums for employees at 100%. PPO, HMO, and High Deductible Health Plans are available so you can choose whichever coverage supports your lifestyle best.
- Matching 401(k) - Easily save for retirement with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of up to 3% company match with no waiting period.
- Paid Time Off - A generous paid time off program that includes vacation time, personal days, sabbaticals, volunteer time, winter break, sick time, and more.
- Paid parental leave - We provide paid time away from work for our new biological, adoptive, or foster parents.
- Wellbeing - Resources, workshops & events to support your wellbeing journey: Mind, Body & Soul.
- Curated Career Paths and Continuous Learning - The power to explore career paths & possibilities, and the tools to support your growth. From continuing education, degrees, or certifications, we support our employee’s career journeys.
- We are characters with character. People: We value people above everything else. We invest in our employees and believe that diverse stories, ideas, and talents are what make us great.
- We embrace plot twists. Taking action and learning: We are problem-solvers that act with urgency. We use both data and intuition to tackle tough challenges and balance priorities, we grow through our mistakes, and often learn by doing.
- We are writing our story together. Ownership and accountability: We are all owners. We hold ourselves and each other accountable, engage in open dialogue, and we push one another to do our best work every day.
- We are crafting a timeless tale. Sustainability: We are dedicated to our mission. We are strategic and take deliberate steps to build a sustainable business that will stand the test of time.
- We are dedicated to helping readers flourish. Community: We care deeply about our customers. Our community is the soul of the product and we work hard to understand and meet their needs.
- We are inspired by reading. Love of reading: We believe in the importance of reading and use our product to make it a meaningful part of our lives.