Research Data Scientist Intern
Posted on 8/30/2021
Cambridge, MA, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Menlo Park, CA, USA • New York, NY...
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or other related field)
- Experience with Machine Learning, Statistics, or other data analysis tools and techniques
- Experience performing data extraction, cleaning, analysis and presentation for medium to large datasets
- Experience with at least one programming language (i.e. Python, R, Java, or C++)
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with scientific computing and analysis packages such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, dplyr, or ggplot2
- Experience with statistics methods such as forecasting, time series, hypothesis testing, classification, clustering or regression analysis
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as Matplotlib, Pyplot, ggplot2
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or other related field)
- Experience working with distributed computing tools (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with machine learning libraries and packages such as PyTorch, Caffe2, TensorFlow, Keras or Theano
- Proficiency in algorithmic complexity
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Company Core Values
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.