Developer Advocate – Staff or Principal
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • El Dorado, KS, USA
- The experience of a seasoned software developer
- A joy for teaching, making complex concepts simple, and reframing technology in a way that inspires
- Ability to write top-quality code samples and mini-applications in order to demonstrate the technologies you want to teach
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to create compelling, on-brand technical blog posts
- Experience recording screencasts and instructional videos of your talks and articles
- A fun, confident presence as a speaker at conferences and meetups-even online
- Ability to convincingly argue from a developer's perspective and persuade internal stakeholders for improvements to the developer experience or engagement strategy
- Write sample code, build creative new conference talks, make screencasts, make compelling tutorial videos, and write some of the best blog posts the streaming data world has ever seen
- Engage/present at conferences and meetups online and in-person (when possible) with the community of developers, ops professionals, and other distributed systems enthusiasts around the world, teaching and inspiring them to apply event streaming technologies more effectively
- Help other developers by interacting on Confluent Community Slack, Stack Overflow, Twitter, GitHub, or places where developers come for help online
- Represent the developer community to the Confluent product and engineering teams, making sure that everything we build is easy to learn and sensible to use
- Collaborate on and support initiatives in our developer strategy (content, community, training, engagement) centered around developer.confluent.io
- You're a good developer ( for non-JVM languages)
- You're up to date with current JVM community engineering practices
- You know something about distributed systems, data streaming and pipelining, and maybe even Kafka
- You constantly keep up to date on the latest technologies related to Confluent, streaming data, and distributed systems
- You're active/known in a technical community - as an open-source contributor, thought leader, organizer, helping others on Slack/Stack Overflow, etc
- You know a thing or two about enterprise scenarios and how to connect the dots between developer motions and business impact, and understand the “why” as well as the “what” behind Confluent's “data in motion” mission
- You enjoy helping developers and technical decision-makers understand the “why” as well as the “what” behind Confluent's “data in motion” mission
Full-scale data streaming platform
Confluent's mission is to create a new paradigm for real-time data streaming to help organizations set data in motion. The company builds tech-enables data manipulation tools.
- Best Teammates on Planet Earth - Loving your job has a lot to do with the people around you. Luckily at Confluent, you will find some of the most genuine people who make you excited to come to work each day.
- Adjustable Working Arrangements - While most of our employees work typical business hours, we encourage everyone to partner with their manager to make a schedule that works best for them and Confluent.
- Robust Benefits - Health and wellness is important and Confluent is proud to offer a total benefits program that ranks in the top percentile of companies similar in size to our industry in our established geographies.
- Rest and Recharge Days - Personal time off is great but it is even better when your whole team has the day. Each quarter, teams have three recharge days where the entire team logs off and refreshes before coming back to work.
- Weekly Lunch Spend - At Confluent, we have a weekly lunch program called “No Pay Thursday.” On Thursdays, lunch is provided by Confluent at local restaurants and grocery stores, taxes may apply for some countries.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) - Confluent employees work really hard to meet the needs of our growing and scaling business. To make sure that we don’t burn out, we encourage everyone to balance their PTO in an adequate way.
Company Core Values
- Earn Our Customers' Love
- To Build a Great Company, Build a Great Team
- Smart, Humble, and Empathetic
- Be Fired up and Get It Done
- Tasteful not Wasteful
- One Team