6 month growth↓ -2%
1 year growth↓ -4%
2 year growth↑ 3%
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or related field, or relevant work experience
- 3-5 years business development or relevant work experience
- Experience in Performance Marketing (particularly Affiliate Marketing) industry
- Proven track record in exceeding revenue goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed creative problem solver
- Contributes to overall revenue goal for Growth & Partnerships department
- Consistently updates G&P department relationship tracker with details on the partnerships they facilitate
- Identifies new, high-quality partnerships and/or areas of opportunity based on client needs, industry evolvement
- Participates in SPD engagement kickoff call with client and ongoing calls as needed
- Consistently demonstrates intellectual curiosity; challenges the status quo, regularly pitching and gaining approval on new, innovative and or out of box opportunities
- Additional languages are ideal but not required
This position is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Candidates who live in the following States will be considered: CO, CT, IL, MA, NH, NJ, PA, RI, VA, WA, CA, FL, GA, MN, NY, OR, TX, NC, OH, SC, TN. Some travel is required for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
We are seeking an experienced Strategic Partnership Development Manager, ideally with business development/sales experience, to join our team. This person will be responsible for generating revenue and managing strategic partnerships for some of Acceleration Partners’ largest and most complex managed programs globally. This role will dot into our Client Services team offering strategic guidance to their client portfolio, managing relationships with performance partners, supporting media buying and placement planning efforts, and supporting growth strategies that are aligned with their clients’ goals. This person will be required to join client calls to pitch high value opportunities, to provide strategic insights, efficiently forecast results and align their progress to goals. Strategic thinking, problem solving, and self-reliance are key for this role.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Publisher Performance: Contributes to overall revenue goal for Growth & Partnerships department, and the growth of managed clients, through creation of high potential relationships and optimization of publishers, which includes but is not limited to paid placements, CPA increases and products for reviews.
- Performance and Placement Trackers: Consistently updates G&P department relationship tracker with details on the partnerships they facilitate; updates client-approved placement tracker.
- SME in Client Verticals and Partner Relationships: Is a trusted and knowledgeable resource; is an expert in verticals of managed clients; proactively leads conversations to lend expertise and knowledge across the org.
Business Development and Publisher Relationships:
- Proactive Research: Identifies new, high-quality partnerships and/or areas of opportunity based on client needs, industry evolvement; utilizes resources such as the Pub Dev weekly roundup and SimilarWeb.
- Persuasiveness: Successfully recruits high-potential partners to join client programs; explains the value of joining and promoting client programs and/or successfully negotiates paid placement terms and fees.
- Relationship Fostering and Growth: Has best in class interactions and/or relationships with top performing publishers and has a trusted network of partners on behalf of managed clients.
- Written and Verbal Communication: Is comfortable with cold emailing; communications are clear, informative, and engaging. Asks relevant questions when speaking to publishers to vet opportunities. Manages day-to-day communication with top publishers in program (when owning paid placements and optimization). Communication is managed independently 95% of the time.
- Initiative: Has a proven track record of identifying and executing upon areas of opportunity and optimization across program to drive revenue growth.
Strategy and Execution:
- Alignment to Client Strategy and Goals: Participates in SPD engagement kickoff call with client and ongoing calls as needed; asks appropriate questions and has a clear understanding of client goals and KPIs.
- Creation and Ongoing Ownership of Strategy: Creates plan for recruitment and/or paid placement initiatives that support the client’s program, including expected timeline for execution. Executes paid placement strategy, including negotiation of terms, campaign set-up, commission changes and coordinating communication with partners. Executes recruitment strategy, including list building, outreach template and tracker. Manages 95% of strategy without regular assistance from manager.
- Strategy Pivots: Adapts to change and pivots strategies to reach client goals; sets expectations and projects new goals when not achievable. Consistently able to communicate and push back when client goals are unrealistic without damaging relationships.
- Persuasiveness: Consistently demonstrates intellectual curiosity; challenges the status quo, regularly pitching and gaining approval on new, innovative and or out of box opportunities. Always showcases the “why” and benefits the partnership with bring to the client based on data and/or relevant metrics.
- Publisher Vertical and Client Knowledge: Has a high level of knowledge across all publisher verticals; has a proven track record of addressing client questions and speaking to areas of opportunity from having a keen understanding of client and their competitors.
- Tenacity: Digs into the why behind a no/rejection; pushes back and has a track record of successfully overcoming objections; provides suggestions or alternatives based on thorough knowledge of the publisher and overall portfolio.
- Client Communication: Shares initial projections and paid media placement results with client to determine if the placement added value to the channel and/or performance of new publishers recruited into program. Can manage difficult conversations with minimal support from manager.
- Sharing Best Practices: Has a track record of sharing new ideas and best practices with the Partnerships Team and Client Services to reach client goals more effectively.
- Risk Ownership and Escalation: Knows which issues need to be escalated and when; digs into the root cause and provides recommendations for next steps when flagging to manager.
- Partnerships Org Collaborator: Proactively shares ideas and issues across Partnerships org department and encourages others to do the same; provides upward feedback to appropriate leaders.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has business development experience/sales experience.
- Strong understanding of the affiliate landscape and knows the top players in the market.
- Strategic and creative thinking. Able to source out-of-the-box ideas.
- Quickly develops new relationships.
- Strong forecasting skills.
- Self-starter with a strong internal motivation to hit targets.
- Emphasizes an incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once.
- Possesses the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments.
- Knows how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment and across various time zones.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Can overcome roadblocks and take a solution-oriented approach to challenges.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or related field, or relevant work experience required.
- 3-5 years business development or relevant work experience (including account management, contract negotiations, marketing).
- Experience in Performance Marketing (particularly Affiliate Marketing) industry preferred.
- Proven track record in exceeding revenue goals.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills with ability to push back without damaging relationships. Detail-oriented and persuasive.
- Proven record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable, fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable leading client-facing presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a natural communicator and influencer.
- Self-motivated and self-directed creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Additional languages are ideal but not required.
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Founded in 2007, Acceleration Partners is the only truly integrated global partnerships agency and a six-time Global Performance Marketing Award (GPMA) winner in the "Best Affiliate and Partner Marketing Agency" category. Acceleration Partners manages programs in 40+ countries for over 200 brands, including Redbubble, Crocs, ButcherBox, Renogy and Reebok. Acceleration Partners’ fully remote global staff of 300+ creates what’s next in the industry, building a balanced portfolio of high-performing partnerships for client brands that span from traditional affiliate to influencer, Performance PR, content, CTV, to innovative tech and financial partners. Acceleration Partners has received awards for its performance and exceptional culture, including "Best Agency" and "Best Team in Performance Marketing ("Performance Marketing Awards"), US Changemakers ("PerformanceIN"), "Best Workplaces" (Inc.), "Best Places to Work" (Glassdoor), and "Most Committed to Work-Life Balance" (Digiday).
AP PERKS & BENEFITS - WHAT WE OFFER:
- 100% remote work for everyone
- Group medical, dental, and vision coverage insurance (with opt-out benefits)
- 401K with matching
- Open Paid Time Off
- Summer & Holiday company-wide shut-down weeks in July and December
- Volunteer and Birthday Time Off
- Focus Fridays
- Paid Parental Leave Benefits
- Wellness, Technology & Education Allowances
- Paid sabbatical leaves, donation matching, and more!!
- Benefits may vary based on employment status or country location.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.