Senior Product Designer
Posted on 3/24/2023
Remote • United States
- 5+ years of work experience
- An excellent online portfolio showcasing UX and UI design work for tools
- Experience in enterprise workflows, strong information architecture skills, and ability to think through complex user ecosystems and content life cycles
- Comfortable working with and discussing sensitive social media topics and content
- Strong written and presentation skills as the position requires working closely with partners across the company
- Humble and motivated to ship the best product; you're always thinking about how to improve the experience for the end user
- A role model, mentor, and motivator for other designers: You are excited to be part of a high-performing team who empathizes with Reddit users and makes great design decisions
- Greenfield design of safety tools in order to keep Reddit communities safe for our users
- Collaborate with product managers and researchers to design a strong UX point of view to innovative internal tools that will significantly improve user experience for Reddit moderators and community members
- Understand the unique needs of businesses and translate those to delightful product features that will be successful on Reddit
- Design a holistic experience connecting the internal tools with the end-user experience
- Execute at every stage of the design lifecycle from ideation to delivery; develop and drive the design milestones and roadmap
- Deliver prescient user insights across diverse areas of focus that are non-obvious and lead to innovative design solutions
- Build consensus across diverse teams through effective exploration and communication and present to design peers and senior executives
- Previous relevant experience in understanding how businesses can successfully integrate with consumer platforms is a plus
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.