EHS Specialist II
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Normal, IL, USA
- Associates Degree and/or equivalent experience is preferred
- Between 1-3 years of demonstrated work experience relevant to the qualifications of this position is required
- Proficient knowledge of safety, health, and environmental regulations
- Able to understand complex regulations and be able to communicate requirements to groups with diverse interests and backgrounds
- Great communication skills with a wide variety of personnel from various cultural backgrounds
- Adaptable and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with data and root cause analysis techniques
- Understanding of incident and injury prevention programs
- Experience implementing, training, and maintaining safety programs
- Ability to work varied hours (emergencies, projects) with occasional travel (international & domestic)
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have knowledge of regulatory record keeping requirements
- Competent skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint. Prefer SAP & Benchmark ESG knowledge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- In the performance of the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel, and drive a motor vehicle
- Requires up to 10-50% travel for this role, domestic & international travel
- Ensure compliance with applicable workplace safety regulations
- Effectively teach others to assess risk, identify hazards, and implement appropriate controls
- Identifying and minimizing Environmental, Health, and Safety risks and communicating critical tasks, as required, to essential business units
- Develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
- Complies with all company policies and procedures
- Support the development and implementation of routine inspections
- Inspect workplaces to evaluate to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations
- Identify risk and issue corrective actions, as needed
- Support personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment
- Conduct incident investigations to determine root causes and corrective actions
- Assist in completing risk assessments
- Assist in developing the management of change process
- Support in development of job hazard assessments
- Conduct safety training, as required
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team