Posted on 3/23/2023
New York, NY, USA
- 2 years of experience in house at a consumer-facing brand or agency
- Excellent communication, editing/proofreading, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, creative writing, English or fashion emphasis preferred
- Experience writing women's fashion copy (ecommerce experience a plus)
- Digital-first writing style that understands how to stands out on social platforms - specifically TikTok
- Deep understanding of current trends across fashion, music, art, design, food, travel and culture/the internet at large
- Ability to describe fashion trends and designers and give style advice to our customer in a fresh and voice
- Ability to work both alone and with a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once
- The anticipated base salary for this position is $56,000 - $70,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held
- Develop engaging, fashion-focused copy, styling content, promotional messaging for emails, push, site, blog, collateral, packaging, and OTT (scripts)
- Work closely and flexibly with Art Directors and Designers to develop campaigns for seasonal moments, designer launches and brand moments
- Support in developing new copy approaches for our subscriptions, liquidation and promotions
- Ideate new content franchises that reflect our new brand and content strategy
- Collaborate with the social team to develop fresh and original social and creator campaigns, with a focus on TikTok
- Deeply understand our current and future customers and identify inspiring new ways to connect with them through language
- Demonstrate excellence in editing, grammar and proofreading
- Help with social and paid marketing copy as needed
- Work with the Sr Manager, Copy to craft new brand voice and messaging guidelines that provide the entire creative organization a verbal compass
Designer apparel and accessories rental
Rent the Runway's mission is to power women to feel their best every day.
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexible Work Policy: Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Company Core Values
- Great ideas can come from anywhere.
- Opportunity is yours for the taking.
- Risk and failure are encouraged.
- Embrace and trust the RTR Family.