Software Developer 3 (Distributed Systems, Os, C++)
Posted on 4/5/2022
San Jose, CA, USA • Durham, NC, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- Love of programming and strong experience in one or more programming languages: C, C++ ideally for enterprise-quality software
- Demonstrated ability to understand product requirements, write comprehensive design docs and drive development
- Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux or expertise in Windows
- Familiarity with concepts of disaster recovery, data protection, storage snapshots, distributed data management, clustered, high-performance and fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Familiarity with various replication technologies in distributed storage systems
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, Xen. VMware experience is preferred
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process, including DevOps and CI/CD
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and related field with 5 years of relevant industry experience or Master's degree in Computer Science and related field experience of 3 years
- In this role you will design and develop cloud native software services and infrastructure for a converged computing + storage platform on the cloud
- Work on identifying the requirements and guiding QA engineers to write comprehensive test plans
- Guide a team of junior engineers to deliver effective validation and verification of software including automation
- Work on identifying performance bottlenecks, proposing solutions and verifying the improvements
- Engage with customers, partners and support to provide world class software and support experience to end customers
Nutanix’s mission is to simplify IT infrastructure management. The company is building a software platform to help organizations manage hybrid multicloud environments.
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Robust medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid volunteer time off and donation matching
- Speed coaching and professional development
- Wellness perks and flexible time off to recharge
- Be valued - Our team spans different cultures and experiences. We care for our people and value what makes us each unique.
- Make your mark - Our market is large and expanding. Grow your career and make an impact as we work toward our big goals.
- Pioneer change - We embrace change, push boundaries, and give back. We drive positive change for our customers, community, and world.