Working at Laika
At Laika, we are on a mission to transform an industry that’s never been known for innovation, but we aren’t letting that stop us. We love collaborating to come up with new ways to solve problems that would stump other teams, and we have created a workplace where the best idea wins, and we bring out the best in each other.
Our team is full of entrepreneurial people with a bias toward action, an insatiable intellectual curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow personally and professionally. By bringing remarkably talented people together, we have the opportunity to create something truly amazing for our customers and our team.
What We Do
Laika combines simple software with expert guidance to help SaaS companies manage security compliance, security audits, and enterprise procurement security diligence. Laika helps companies adopt stage-appropriate compliance practices that enterprises can trust and reduce the time and costs of security audits by 50% or more.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and raised our Series C funding in November 2022. Our top investors include J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Fin Capital, Centana, and Bain Capital. We’re growing customers and revenue dramatically, and we’re poised for continued break-out growth in 2023 and beyond.
About the Job
We’re looking for a tech-savvy Customer Success Manager with a drive for building relationships and finding solutions. As a member of our Customer Success Team, you’ll be working with other awesome tech startups by engaging with their founders and leadership teams. Your sphere of influence will include maintaining customer relationships, networking, implementing success programs, contributing to sales, onboarding and training clients, and minimizing churn. You’ll be asked for your insights on client-to-business interactions, how you think we can improve the customer experience through product support, and how best to handle customer complaints and requests.
Our Customer Success Manager must be social and analytical, possess an aptitude for learning and using new software, and be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The ideal Customer Success Manager will engage with customers, maximize value, and create strategies to grow our customer base.
- Own post-sales relationships with our existing and new customers with contributions to growing ARR (annual recurring revenue)
- Help improve customer experience through data analysis
- Contribute to tutorials and communications
- Maximize customer retention
- Aid in innovative product design and development
Key Skillsets / Knowledge Requirements
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- High computer literacy and ability to learn new software
- Passion for service
Educational Requirements and Career Experience
- Bachelors degree
- 2-6 years of experience in a customer-facing role and startup SaaS experience
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this position is $81,000 - $120,000 plus 20% bonus
- Exceptional health, dental, and vision care
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Hybrid work-from-home model (or remote)
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office equipment stipend
- Quarterly wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Dog-friendly office and pet insurance!
Laika provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Even if you feel you don’t meet every requirement, consider applying! Laika acknowledges the research, which shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all of the stated qualifications. However, we’re looking for authentic innovators to blaze new trails, and you just may be the right person for this or another role.