Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join Verkada’s Strategic Finance team and work with some of the brightest in the business. As a member of this team, you will play a critical role in driving the strategy, insights, and financial modeling that enable the company to scale. Strategic Finance team are the “olympic decathaletes” (exceptional across disciplines) who partner with the CFO and senior leadership to set and measure drivers for the business, engage investors and the board, solve diverse business operations problems, and implement operational projects at scale.
This role sits within the Corporate Finance function of Verkada’s Strategic Finance and BizOps team, which helps drive the target setting, scenario analysis, and long-term planning pushing the business forward. As a corporate finance focused Strategic Finance Associate, you will get a birdeye’s view of Verkada’s overall business and play a key role in maintaining and architecting the company’s corporate financial model. The future associate will report into the Strategic Finance Sr. Manager and work directly with the CFO, VP of Strategic Finance and other members of the Strategic Finance team. This is an in-office role and you will be required to come onsite 5 days a week.
In this role, you will:
- Help drive our financial planning processes and adapt the financial forecast model for the growing complexity of the business.
- Drive efficient bottoms-up budgeting to operationalize Verkada’s financial plans.
- Own weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting and design the systems that enable StratFin to provide real-time financial insights at scale.
- Be a part of the team that owns the corporate financial model and our long-range financial plan. Act as a key contributor for board meeting materials creation, leadership presentations, and strategic decision making.
- Work closely with team members across Strategic Finance and Accounting and Operational Finance.
- Get sh*t done! Since we’re still in scrappy startup mode, there’s a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds to drive direct impact on a daily basis. We knock out today’s problems while also balancing our need to build for the long-term.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree from a top university.
- You have 2-4+ years of professional experience in a startup or fast growing technology company, investment banking or relevant experience.
- You have high attention to detail; you are excited to dig through data to get actionable insights.
- Strong Excel skills are a must; SQL / Looker experience is a plus.
- A data-driven mindset with strong analytical and modeling skills. You are excited to dig through data to drive evidence-based discussions and decision-making.
- Raw smarts: You have strong business acumen and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- You have a can-do attitude and willingness to put the hours to get the job done.
- You have a low ego and high EQ- you “play well in the sandbox” and people enjoy working with you.
- A growth mindset: You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, mentor junior talent, and continually build streamlined processes as the company scales.
- You are an excellent communicator- you have experience partnering with stakeholders ranging from sales reps to software engineers to effectively implement financial strategy and processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Flexibility: you are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, and continually build new processes as the company scales.
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $70,000- $160,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.