Onehouse delivers a new bedrock for your data, through a cloud-native managed lakehouse service built on an open, interoperable, industry-proven technology. Founded by a former Uber data architect and the creator of Apache Hudi, Onehouse accelerates the inevitable transition of the data lake into a lakehouse, unlocking incremental processing to replace old-school batch processing on the lake. Onehouse makes it possible to blend the ease of use of a warehouse with the scale of a data lake into a fully managed product. Engineers can build data lakes in minutes, process data in seconds, and own data in open source formats instead of being locked away to individual vendors.
As a devops engineer at Onehouse, you will build a world class software development and deployment infrastructure of a product that is revolutionising the cloud data lake management.
- Be the go to person for all things Infra / DevOps / SRE etc.
- Collaborating with your stakeholders in data platform, backend and frontend to achieve key deliverables
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines for multiple services and environments
- Implement infrastructure-as-code for multiple environments
- Iterate on best practices to increase the product quality & velocity of deployments
- Implement automation for monitoring and oncall processes
- Support and work alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies like Spark, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Kafka, Debezium etc.
- Manage security and access control for entire organization (IAM/SSO management)
- Uphold a high engineering bar around the code, monitoring, operations, automated testing, release management of the platform
- Handling of production alerts, incidents and writing good well-organized on-call runbooks, documentation and post-mortem reports
- 5+ years of experience as a devops engineer with operational excellence in monitoring/deploying/testing microservice architectures.
- Experience with managing kubernetes clusters and applications at scale
- Experience deploying applications on one or more cloud platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience with automation frameworks (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience with monitoring stacks (e.g. Prometheus and ELK)
- Experience with cloud security management (e.g IAM, SSO)
- Great problem-solving skills, a keen eye for details
- Quick decision making, self-driven and able to balance to feature development and tech debt
- Clear communication skills
Experience with data processing technologies like Spark
Who We Are
At Onehouse, our mission is to aid companies of all sizes in supercharging their data engineering/data science, by automating painful data infrastructure buildout. We are a team of self-driven, inspired, and seasoned builders that have created large-scale data systems, as well as globally distributed platforms that sit at the heart of some of the most well known companies out there including Uber, Linkedin, Confluent, Microsoft. We are set out on an ambitious goal to build the world’s best fully managed and self-optimizing data lake platform. We are very well funded and backed by some of the top-tier VCs in Silicon Valley, and as well as numerous well-known angel investors from top Silicon Valley companies.
Why join us
Fun team, challenging problems! One day, we will be managing the largest database in existence!
Contribute directly to open source, including an exciting and growing data project - Apache Hudi
Create instant impact by contributing to Hudi, which is already in use by numerous large enterprises globally
Experienced team with numerous staff level engineers, to learn and grow with.
Early opportunity on a very happening space, everybody agrees the next few years will reshape the data landscape
Founding team is the creator of a large, fast-growing technology category - transactional data lakes
Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Parental Leave
We are growing fast and looking for rising talent who can grow with us to become future leaders of the team. Come help build this unicorn-to-be!