A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Apollo is Palantir’s product that enables autonomous management and continuous deployment of mission critical software, wherever it is. We’re transforming the way organizations around the world deploy software, taking SAAS where SAAS has not gone before: from on-premise, to various cloud providers, to disconnected environments (air-gapped), to strict accreditation frameworks, and to the edge. Learn more about Apollo
and why it was built
As a Technical Leader on the Apollo platform you will partner with other technical leaders to help set overall technical strategy and direction for the team. You will have outsized impact on the platform’s direction and impact on our users and the business through your efforts. You have a deep systems background and value technical excellence, and consistently raise the bar for your team’s technical execution. You know how to balance providing value to your users while building defensive systems that are operationally sound and easy to maintain and develop on.
- Partner with our extended leadership team to set and define a technical strategy for your team aligned with the wider team strategy.
- Build and champion a long-term tech roadmap to reduce operational burden, ensure scalability, reduce risk, and guide your team towards step-changes whenever possible.
- Be technically involved and engage in substantive discussion when reviewing technical roadmaps and project implementation with the team.
- Work closely with your team and stakeholders to enable sustainable and timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Facilitate partnerships between engineering teams and operators to build innovative products that help Palantir scale.
- Act as a multiplier for other engineers on the team. Define where the technical bar should be, and help engineers achieve it. Lead engineers and accelerate their growth by providing thoughtful feedback, technical mentorship, and effectively manage performance.
- Foster a non-hierarchical exchange of ideas; valuing the idea rather than the individual who communicates it.
What We Value
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications.
- Experience leading complex, cross-team engineering efforts, including analysis of requirements and scoping, and knowing what it takes to deliver high-quality software.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced product development team, with peers and teammates across multiple locations and timezones.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to do what it takes to get things done, leading by example and getting involved with the team’s day-to-day work.
- A focus on impact and an ability to articulate the value your work provides.
What We Require
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Strong coding skills in Java, Go, or equivalent
- Experience with databases and distributed systems at scale
- Experience building and operating web services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Employees (and their families) are eligible to enroll in: medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
- 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Generous unlimited sick leave policy
- Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan
The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $125,000 - $200,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Restricted Stock units, sign-on bonus and other potential future incentives. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir
and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information. Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.