Posted on 1/24/2023
Remote in USA
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Certification; AAPC or AHIMA
- 2+ years of Emergency Medicine coding experience required
- Must be able to maintain 95% accuracy rate
- Flexible mentality: willing and capable of performing varied tasks and adapting to change
- Professionally exercises discretion and independent judgment in day-to-day work
- Able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work in remote environment and communicate via teams, email, zoom or phone call with other team members
- Strong willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and strong problem solving skills
- Capable of prioritizing work flow and able to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work on internet based coding programs
- Thorough knowledge of medial office operations
- Knowledge of insurance carriers
- Ability to read and understand EOB's
- Attention to detail
- Organization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Review Emergency Medicine reports to verify coding
- Make any necessary coding corrections
- Resolve coding related denial; utilizing appropriate carrier processes
- Replacement claims
- Corrected claims
- Contact carriers
- Research Carrier specific coding policy; provide detailed summary and necessary information/documents to support findings
- Review and interpret carrier NCD and LCD policies
- Address and resolve patient issues related to coding
- Communicate any coding denial trends
Medical billing and practice management
Zotec Partners' mission is to the contine the pursuit of excellence in the physician revenue cycle management industry by delivering effective solutions through personalized service and measurable client results. The company operates a medical billing and management platform.
- Health - Employee health is important to us. That’s why we provide a wide array of affordable health benefits for our employees and their families. In fact, we haven’t raised our employees’ premiums in over a decade.
- 401(k) - We want to ensure financial comfort for people long after they retire from Zotec. That’s why we help them save for the future by offering a 401k plan with a generous employer match.
- Wellness - We give our employees the opportunity to take part in wellness programs, financial health education, and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program that provides free, confidential resources on family matters, financial planning, and legal situations.
- Community - Giving back makes our communities better for everyone. Through the Zotec Effect program, our employees are granted Volunteer Time Off to partake in volunteer opportunities and will receive an employer match on their charitable giving. We also provide each employee with giving dollars to help them get started.
- Work and Life - We recognize that people have a life outside of work and that time with loved ones is essential. With PTO, paid holidays, and some remote work opportunities, we make it easy to live a balanced life.
- We believe in a growth mindset and we encourage that for each and every employee. Zotec provides financial education assistance as well as learning and development opportunities.