Staff Software Engineer
Infrastructure & Common Platform Services
Posted on 1/3/2023
Remote • Atlanta, GA, USA
- Passion for building the highest-quality software that delights the user
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility to move quickly with a startup
- Experience with building data pipelines
- Experience with building large scale distributed systems
- Ready to learn Elixir/Phoenix
- Appreciation of a test-driven and code-review culture
- Experience turning wireframes into production-level features
- The ability to write clean, reliable, and highly maintainable code
- The drive to solve problems
- Ability to mentor other engineers in the team
- Own the software as you create, test, iterate, and deliver new features to the Stord platform
- Own critical core platform services and data pipelines of Stord
- Work across the organization to understand customer and vendor pain points - come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Be surrounded by smart, driven individuals who are passionate about doing their best work every day
- Solve a wide variety of technical challenges as well as supply chain challenges that have yet to be solved
- Ensure that information security (IS) commitments and requirements are incorporated into the information technology processes, and that managers are enforcing IS policies and procedures in their departments
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with Elixir or functional programming
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
Fulfillment, warehousing, and freight for B2C and B2B,
Stord's mission is to make your supply chain a competitive advantage.
- Flexible PTO - Take the time you need when you need it. Because you’re at your best when you rest, relax, and recharge.
- Mental Health Support - We give you access to free and confidential support. Because mental health is just as important as physical health.
- Paid Parental Leave - No matter how you become a parent (birth, adoption, foster care placement), you’ll get up to 6 weeks of paid bonding time.
- Health and Life Insurance - We provide medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance to support you and your family.
- Wellness Reimbursement - You’ll get up to $50 a month to invest in your health and fitness. Gym memberships, wellness apps – whatever keeps you moving!
Company Core Values
- Bias Toward Action - Each step forward, no matter how small, leads us to better solutions, faster.
- Build for the Long Term - We’re focused on leaving a positive impact in our work and in our relationships.
- Eternal Optimism - Problems give us an opportunity to get creative and learn something new.
- Transparency and Candor - We’re fostering an environment where everyone feels comfortable sharing feedback and opinions.
- Empower Others - We hire great people so they can do great work and become the experts at what they do.
- Learn and Iterate - We continually refine what we do and how we do things in order to be the best we can be.