Major Accounts Executive
Updated on 11/15/2023
Cloud-Native Email Security
Abnormal Security's mission is to protect the internet. They will protect knowledge workers across the cloud, wherever they work.
AI & Machine Learning
San Francisco, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 3%
1 year growth↓ -2%
2 year growth↑ 112%
Remote in USA
Sales & Account Management
Growth & Marketing
- Demonstrated 5+ years of direct (vs. overlay) enterprise sales experience prospecting and closing Fortune / Global 500 enterprise accounts
- Proven track record of success closing new Major Account Logos, while also cross selling/ upselling and growing the existing customer accounts
- Skilled in negotiating with large organizations and closing complex sales
- Proven performer with consistent over quota performance and/or top 5% of sales org
- Technically competent: Conversant in key areas: security, email, cloud, AI, etc.
- Experience selling subscription software/SaaS to CISOs and security personnel
- Success at a company that was early stage, underdog or was a new entrant with large competitors or similar (limited resources-build territory including: channel, tech partners, initial customer wins, etc.)
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Sell Abnormal security solutions to approx. 20 Major Accounts (F500/ Global 500) within your defined territory with the goal to overachieve new annual recurring revenue quota
- Work Major Enterprise Accounts from initial conversations through signing a contract and up-selling once they’re a customer
- Prospect and generate new business opportunities within Major Accounts to supply enough pipeline for them to hit sales targets
- Work with Customer success to ensure a timely renewal and expansion sale opportunities
- Continually document results and maintain accurate data across all sales systems (Salesforce, Highspot, Close Plan)
- Be a voice for the customer/prospect with internal teams including Sales Engineering/POV team, Product and Marketing to ensure appropriate prioritization to close more revenue.
- Ability to hunt: disciplined approach to early pipeline development
- Comfortable and have demonstrated ability to prospect into the region's largest enterprise accounts with the ability to leverage/ balance five pillars of demand generation: AE prospecting, SDR, Marketing, Channel and Customer referrals.
- Good qualifier: Ability to uncover / discover customer problems pains
- Good presenter: ability to present and demonstrate value based off customer pain points.
- Discipline in sales methodology / time management: Ability to systematically execute a disciplined sales process that can be repeated in parallel without sacrificing quality
- Discipline in data integrity: Ability to continually maintain data accuracy and consistency for all accounts & opportunities
- Ability to develop and present a business case to a customer showing high ROI across different dimensions to multiple stakeholders
- Ability to extract, document and organize lessons, knowledge and information about customers
- Ability to close and maximize the ARR of major accounts
- Ability to guide internal stakeholders through their own internal buying processes
- Grit; ability to find success in an early-stage environment without all the resources/teams available to much larger organizations
- Good understanding of how to leverage other departments including Sales Engineering, Marketing, BDRs, Product and Customer Success.