How you will help
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will develop and lead a variety of financial modeling, analysis, and budgeting initiatives. This new position will partner with departments across the organization to provide valuable insights, create compelling data-driven analyses, and ensure forecast projections and financial models match the organization’s overall goals. This position will be integral to providing innovative ideas that will improve how the organization looks at financial and non-financial data.
This is an ideal role for a driven, experienced analyst with a proven track record of FP&A in high-growth SaaS environments, looking for the next step in their career.
What you will do
• Responsible for developing, maintaining, and refining financial models, forecasts, analyses, and reports to better understand financial trends and financial opportunities (to inform quarterly forecasts, budgeting/planning across the P&L, investment evaluations and prioritization, and operational decision-making)
• Manage the annual budget process, including developing and documenting key assumptions, working with business partners to ensure budgets are appropriate, and that internal partners establish action plans that achieve the necessary financial outputs
• Support the monthly financial closing process and assist in the preparation of financial analyses and monthly reporting package for leadership team and Board of Directors
• Analyze actual results and forecasts/budgets to better understand variances, business drivers, and work with business leaders to promote informed decision making within the business
• Assist VP, Finance with improving processes, systems, data analysis and outputs including managing the implementation of a financial planning and reporting tool
• Work to enhance automated reporting capabilities within Oracle NetSuite and through the use of an FP&A software solution
• Support senior staff in partnering with business, product, and support teams to track business performance, exercise expenditure and investment controls, and identity risks and opportunities to our financial outlook
• Collaborate with finance team members to build cash forecasting models to optimize cash management
• Proactively research and resolve financial inquiries, issues and perform other ad-hoc duties as required
• Take responsibility to meet expressed needs
• Demonstrate service by going beyond what is expected
• Exercise diplomacy skills to deal effectively and professionally with obstacles that arise with internal and external stakeholders
• Work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines and adapt to change with a seamless impact on the business
• Commit to highest standards of quality and integrity
• Exude a high degree of professionalism and treat others with respect
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree with Accounting or Finance concentration
• 5+ years of relevant experience with prior experience at a high-growth SaaS start-up preferred and experience in Investment Banking, Consulting or Strategic Finance a plus
• Exceptional financial modeling skills and a very high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets with a deep understanding of model architecture, formula efficiency, and pivot tables
• Experience analyzing data sets, working with accounting systems (Oracle NetSuite a plus) and utilizing a financial planning and reporting tool
• Solid grasp of three financial statements, with a high aptitude and enthusiasm for problem-solving through quantitative modeling and analysis
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to concisely articulate complex accounting and reporting concepts to audiences with varying degrees of financial knowledge
• Possess a high sense of urgency, ability to interact with multiple levels within the organization and be an effective team player
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• CPA / CMA / MBA is a plus
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $90,000 -130,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
At HealthVerity we are actively solving some of the greatest challenges in healthcare through innovative technology and data solutions. Our customers and partners including pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations look to HealthVerity to partner on their most complicated use cases, leveraging our transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com
Why you’ll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is currently able to employ individuals residing in the following states: AZ, CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.