San Francisco, California
6 month growth↓ -12%
1 year growth↓ -5%
2 year growth↑ 42%
- Expertise in Embedded C
- Experience in firmware development in production environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in the field
- Proficiency in designing RTOS based and bare metal applications
- Proficiency in communication protocols such as UART, SPI, and I2C
- Experience with debugging tools such as JTAG
- Proven track record of shipping high-quality electronics and software in consumer products
- Proficiency in Python and other automation languages
- Contribute and collaborate to design and develop all embedded software systems
- Implement energy efficient heating/cooling system control algorithms
- Develop User Interfaces that provide a premium user experience across the device and the mobile application
- Develop automation scripts for integration testing and factory testing
- Investigate and implement wireless communication protocols including MQTT, BACnet, and Matter
- Work cross-functionally with the business and product teams to define the requirements for the product roadmap
- Build systems and processes for continuous deployment, testing, and manufacturing test improvements
- Experience with AWS IoT Core and related services
- Experience shipping 1 or more IoT consumer products
- Experience working with wireless communication SoCs, especially for WiFi and BLE
- Experience with Altium or similar ECAD software
Join us at Gradient, where our purpose is to revolutionize home comfort while championing environmental sustainability. Our mission is to combat the escalating challenge of climate change by redefining how homes are heated and cooled. Today, the environmental impact of heating and cooling systems surpasses that of the entire transportation sector, and without intervention, this trend is set to escalate drastically. At Gradient, we believe that ensuring comfortable living spaces shouldn’t come at the cost of our planet. We envision a future where every individual can enjoy the luxury of a comfortable home without contributing to carbon emissions. Our high-efficiency, low-carbon heat pump is just the beginning of our journey toward fully decarbonizing buildings. By joining Gradient, you’ll be at the forefront of a movement to make sustainable living accessible to all, ensuring healthier communities and a brighter, greener future.
We are looking for a Senior Firmware Engineer to join our team who is an enthusiastic developer, likes to solve meaningful problems, and can support overall software, backend, controls, & electronics strategy. The ideal candidate is very adaptable and technically minded while having an uncompromising focus and vision for our customer’s needs.
A reasonable estimated salary is $150,000 - $210,000/year + equity.
This role is required to be in our San Francisco office 2-3 days/week.
- Contribute and collaborate to design and develop all our embedded software systems.
- Implement energy efficient heating/cooling system control algorithms.
- Develop User Interfaces that provide a premium user experience across the device and the mobile application.
- Develop automation scripts for integration testing and factory testing.
- Investigate and implement wireless communication protocols including MQTT, BACnet and Matter.
- Work cross-functionally with the business and product teams to define the requirements for our product roadmap.
- Build systems and processes for continuous deployment, testing, and manufacturing test improvements.
- Expert in Embedded C.
- Firmware development experience in production environments.
- Computer Engineering/Computer Science degree or equivalent with 7+ years of experience.
- Proficiency designing RTOS based and bare metal applications..
- Expert in communication protocols such as UART, SPI, and I2C.
- Excellent debugging skills and familiarity with common debugging tools such as JTAG.
- Proven track record of shipping high-quality electronics and software in consumer products on a tight schedule.
- Proficiency reading and interpreting schematics.
- Proficient in Python and other automation languages.
- Experience with AWS IoT Core and related services.
- Experience shipping 1 or more IoT consumer products.
- Experience working with wireless communication SoCs, especially for WiFi and BLE.
- Experience with Altium or similar ECAD software
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO within reason
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.