Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit. To achieve these goals, we are committed to building and empowering a diverse team of people and fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, and user centricity.
Magic Leap is looking for Ph.D. , Masters, or Bachelors students to join our team for a 3 month Summer Program for students who are underrepresented in the field of Engineering/Computing. This includes, but is not limited to, those who self-identify as women, African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, Indigenous Peoples, LGBTQI+, active or Veteran service members, and/or persons with a disability. We are committed to empowering and elevating representation, inclusion, and belonging in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers and engineers!
The Advance AI Research (AAIR) team at Magic Leap is seeking a highly motivated and creative intern with a strong background in Computer Vision and Machine Learning. The AAIR team is dedicated to advancing the field of artificial intelligence by researching and developing fundamental mechanisms for composing Spatial and Semantic Deep Learning. Our goal is to extend true Spatial Awareness to Generative AI, allowing for more advanced and realistic simulations of real-world environments. This is an exciting area of research with many practical applications, such as improving the accuracy of computer vision, enhancing virtual and augmented reality experiences, and creating more sophisticated autonomous systems.
As a member of the AAIR team, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, hands-on environment where you will be able to collaborate with researchers and product managers throughout the company. You will be part of a team that is constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible with AI and exploring new and innovative ways to apply this technology to real-world problems. You will have the chance to work on cutting-edge research projects, contribute to the development of new products, and publish your findings in academic and industry publications.
This internship will begin in June 2023 and requires physical presence at Magic Leap’s office in Sunnyvale, California.
- Conduct research and develop new algorithms for online reconstruction of semantic neural fields
- Collaborate with other teams at Magic Leap to explore opportunities for new product applications and research directions, develop specifications, and provide recommendations for the implementation of neural fields in augmented reality
- Make an impact while building the foundation for a rewarding career at a new growing division within Magic Leap
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++ and Python
- Strong prototyping skills and interests to explore new technical ideas
- A solid foundation in Computer vision, both classical methods and deep learning related
Nice To Haves
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- Neural Rendering and Neural Fields
- Conditional Generative Modeling
- 3D Deep Learning
- Classical 3D Computer Vision
- Experience with deep learning tools (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow, Caffe) is a plus
- Experience in programming on GPUs or other hardware accelerators is a plus
- Current graduate student (MS or PhD) in Computer Science or related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines