Your Rebel Team: Rebellion’s Product and Engineering teams work in close partnership to identify and understand our customers pain points and needs and then to build products that solve their areas of concern. Leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, Rebellion’s products provide clearer visibility and more in-depth understanding of the threat landscape in order to support successful mission execution. Our products are designed to deliver comprehensive battlespace awareness, autonomous mission execution, and cyber readiness to our defense and national security customers.
How you’ll make a difference in this role: We are looking to hire a Software Engineer to work on our Offensive Security team in support of our Cyber Readiness product “Nova”.
You will create software for adversarial security testing as part of solutions for Rebellion’s customers. This role is on the team developing the Nova product, which protects military network infrastructure from attacks. The Software Engineer will develop software for executing the latest adversarial tactics to validate the security controls of customers.
This role can be located anywhere in the United States, but will require the ability to travel to Rebellion HQ in Washington, DC.
What your mission is:
- Collaborate with other software engineers and cybersecurity experts to develop and ship world-class adversarial security testing software
- Help protect the United States and its allies from sophisticated threats
- Work with the latest tools, on well-resourced teams, on the leading edge of security research, in defense of national security
You may be fit for this role if your expertise aligns to:
- Have worked on a Security Research team, on a Red Team, in Offensive Security, in Adversary Emulation, in Cyber Threat Intelligence, as a Capabilities Developer or Tools Developer, or have worked as a software engineer on a cybersecurity product/project
- Are compelled to learn and understand systems and programs on a deeper level. You’re not satisfied by simply running tools. You’re obsessed with knowing how things work “under-the-hood”.
- Have strong proficiency in two or more modern programming languages, especially Python.
- Are comfortable conducting code reviews in various programming languages.
- Enjoy working as part of a cross-functional team.
- Are capable of rapidly learning new technologies in unfamiliar environments.
We embrace diversity and difference, and believe that broadening the perspectives of our teams will help enable innovation and lead to better outcomes. We encourage your application even if you may not meet all the preferred qualifications. We work collaboratively as a team to support one another in our mission and promote professional development.
The annual salary range for this role as it is posted is $140,000 to $185,000 regardless of final candidate location within the US. The final job level and annual salary will be determined based on the education, qualification, knowledge, skills, ability, and experience of the final candidate(s), and calibrated against relevant market data and internal team equity. Benefits listed in this posting may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Rebellion Defense.
Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Rebellion’s products are subject to export controls, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). To work with our products, you must be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the US, a protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the US Department of State or US Department of Commerce.