IonQ is developing the world’s most powerful full-stack quantum computer based on trapped-ion technology. We are pushing past the limits of classical physics and current supercomputing technology to unlock a new era of computing. Quantum computing has the potential to impact every area of human society for the better. IonQ’s computers will soon redefine industries like medicine, materials science, finance, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cryptography, and more. IonQ is at the forefront of this technological revolution.
We are looking for a Staff Solutions Engineer. As a Staff Solutions Engineer, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team whose mission is to lead IonQ on its journey to build the world’s best quantum computers to solve the world’s most complex problems.
Join a nimble team of scientists, engineers, marketers, business developers, and product managers to drive an entirely new quantum computing business. We’re seeking versatile engineers skilled in technical sales, technical demos and customer interactions who feel energized to deliver IonQ’s quantum computing products.
- Assist with developing a pipeline of Commercial and Government opportunities for IonQ’s quantum computers and quantum applications
- Connect with prospective customers, running demos, sharing roadmaps, and answering their technical questions
- Create Jupyter Notebook demos or other sales assets to explain and demo features of our quantum applications and other quantum products
- Assist sales team with driving prospects down the sales funnel
- Partner with marketing, developer relations and business development to grow the IonQ footprint
You’d be a good fit with:
- 5 years of experience in technical sales or equivalent
- 3 years of experience developing Jupyter Notebooks for client demos
- Master’s degree or above in Machine Learning, Data Science, or other STEM
- Motivated learner with a strong interest in quantum technology
- Excellent communicator able to concisely explain technical solutions
You’d be a great fit with:
- Experience with Qiskit, Cirq or other quantum computing SDK
- Proficient in Python and Jupyter Notebooks
Our HQ is located in College Park, Maryland and we are a 15 minute metro ride from Washington DC. We are actively building out teams in the Washington D.C., Seattle, and Boston metro areas and will want to locate you in one of these geographies. However, IonQ will be expanding into additional geographies both domestically and internationally so don’t let this stop you from applying.
At IonQ, we believe in fair treatment, access, opportunity and advancement for all, while at the same time striving to identify and eliminate barriers. We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We are dedicated to creating an environment in which any individual can feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
We are committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being a part of this team and mission, we encourage you to apply.
IonQ Covid-19 Policy: IonQ requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 before starting employment.