Senior Graphics Developer
Posted on 12/7/2022
Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada
- Confirmed programming skills in C++ and C# and shader languages like HLSL
- Extensive knowledge of real-time 3D graphics and modern graphics APIs
- Understanding of modern engine systems and rendering architectures and experience working on real-world productions or large multi-platform engines
- Ability to collaborate with developers, customers, and leadership, both verbally and via documentation
- Extend and improve the existing render pipeline core functionality
- Ideate and prototype original creative rendering solutions to technical problems on the bleeding edge of virtual production and VFX / film projects
- Work with internal partners to design and develop new API's that can then be used by technical artists and creatives to accelerate Unity's graphics ecosystem
- Maintain existing systems, improving performance, testability, and stability
- Familiarity with the Unity render pipelines, including Shadergraph, VFX Graph and HDRP
- Familiarity with render/frame graphs or other graph optimization problems
- Previous experience with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects, animation, broadcast, and/or film production
- Background developing artist tooling or experience using and/or scripting for DCC tools like Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini, Blender, or equivalent
- Studio experience in gaming, film, or animation
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
Company Core Values
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.