Infrastructure, High Seniority
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 12+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or Software Engineer building platform infrastructure
- Have 5+ years of experience with building and operating SaaS products hosted in a public cloud
- Have shipped and maintained a horizontally scaled stateful service in a public cloud for a large set of customers
- Have led a large migration (e.g., from monolith to multi-services) or led the refactoring or replacement of a large hosted service
- Are deeply familiar with micro-services architecture and can design distributed systems using managed Kubernetes (e.g., AWS's EKS), a service mesh (e.g., istio), and a distributed secrets store (e.g., Hashicorp Vault)
- Have experience with deployment and configuration management frameworks such as Terraform, Ansible, or Chef; CI/CD systems such as BuildKite or Jenkins; and containers and container management systems such as Kubernetes or Amazon ECS
- Write clear, well-tested code in Python, Java, Go, or Ruby
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Improving the reliability of Benchling systems at scale
- Shepherding Benchling into a multi-services world
- Defining and leading processes for site reliability that will be used across Engineering and Customer Experience
- Defining and leading processes for disaster recovery
- Defining and implementing our infrastructural security posture
- Designing release procedures for regulatory environments
- Mentoring other engineers and being a significant multiplier across the team
Cloud platform for life science R&D
Benchling's mission is to accelerate life science for the benefit of humanity. The company is building a modern R&D software for biotechnology research.
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- Remote working stipend
- Yearly company-wide retreat
- Monthly gym and wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision
- Weekly company social events
- Flexible PTO and company-wide winter holiday shutdown
Company Core Values
- Build a Lever - We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations.
- Empower through Information - We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on Tenacity - Dreaming big isn’t enough. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination to our work.
- Raise the Bar - We’re dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.