Backend Software Engineer, Profiles, Twilio Engage
Posted on 1/21/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Proven experience writing production-grade code
- Strong theoretical fundamentals and hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available and performant fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Strong experience and expertise building API products
- A highly effective collaborator, you work well with your team and your partners in product and design towards common goals
- Experience maintaining and operating highly available cloud services
- Exposure to SDLC from reviewing requirements through to debugging complex systems in Production
- A faster learner who can quickly pick up new technologies
- Experience writing concurrent web application in Go
- You show evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of high-scale web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, efficient algorithms)
- Strong fundamentals in stream processing and data processing systems. (Kafka, DynamoDB, BigQuery, Parquet, ect.)
- Solve complex distributed systems problems oriented around achieving reliable and cost effective message processing at high scale
- Develop data access patterns and flexible APIs that will power many product initiatives over the next five years
- Act as a technical leader, defining the roadmap for technological adoption, and developing the skills of more junior engineers
- Uphold Segment-Twilio's high standards of Engineering Excellence through: thoughtful design review, foundational technology improvements, and driving adoption of best practices
- Foster inclusive relationships and collaborate cross functionally with incredible Product Managers, Designers, Managers, Support Specialists and other Engineers
- Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only
- If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $109,824 - $137,280
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
Company Core Values
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives