Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world, so join us for the ride.
The Finance and Strategy team’s core mission is to help Deliveroo make more engaging decisions. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers of our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities. Finally, it’s important that we foster and evolve a team culture to let each team member to grow.
This candidate will report to the Senior Commercial Finance & Strategy Manager and will business partner with the commercial team on contract negotiations, and will own financial controllership and reporting of commercial terms. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys influencing non-finance stakeholders at the coal-face of the business, whilst also owning traditional finance roles across controllership, reporting and planning.
This role is based in London, UK.
The job will involve:
- Business partnering with the commercial team on contract negotiations. The candidate must gain a firm understanding of our standard and non-standard terms, and their implications for Deliveroo’s P&L.
- Interacting with commercial stakeholders at Director level, on a day to day basis
- Understanding, applying and enforcing revenue recognition and accrual accounting principles (and explaining to non-finance),
- Owning commission deal modelling and tools
- Owning collation and tracking of contractual commission terms
- Owning system reporting of contractual commission terms
- Owning rebate payment tracking, accruals process and payment governance
- Owning commission reporting suite for communication to Partners
- Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- 2+ years ‘post - qualified’ experience in an analytical, strategic or commercial role
- Advanced Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) skills
- Experience influencing partners at multiple levels, including non-finance
- Complex financial modelling experience
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a experience with (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space