Data Science Manager
Growth Intelligence and Machine Learning
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Canada • Remote • New York, NY, USA
- 10+ years of machine learning and data science experience including at least 5 years of management and experience managing other managers
- Experience building a team, defining its mission, and executing on its goals
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Math, Sciences, Engineering)
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Expertise in machine learning. Statistics and experimentation
- Organizational leadership experience, including experience collaborating with executive leadership
- Work closely with engineering, product and business leaders to develop and execute on a data-first growth strategy that scales with Stripe
- Build, lead, and manage a high-performing team of scientists
- Mentor and grow managers and leaders, fostering a culture of high-performance and empathy
- Develop the long-term vision for Growth Intelligence, and create and deliver on an impactful execution roadmap
- Design and build high-quality business-critical machine learning powered systems that drive growth
- Provide technical thought leadership in the areas of applied machine learning and optimization
- Shape product strategy and business decisions across all teams, from Payments to Capital to Sales to Risk
- Shape and influence our data models and instrumentation to generate insights and unlock new data products
- Contribute to Data Science org-wide initiatives as part of the Data Science leadership team
- Have successfully led large, geographically distributed teams
- Experience in recommender systems, product-led growth, and/or lifecycle marketing
- Experience developing external and internal machine-learning driven products
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Company Core Values
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious