Money is the #1 source of stress for Americans, and Tally is on a mission to make people less stressed and better off financially. Tally supports consumers in their financial journey and enables them to manage their credit card debt, save money on interest, and pay off their debt efficiently.
We are building a team that strives for excellence in all things and is committed to living Tally’s values of Don’t Say Nothing, Own the Outcome, and Change Shoes Often. Learn more about our values and who we are here.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Senior Accountant to join our growing accounting and finance team. Reporting to the Accounting Director, this person will be responsible for accounting, policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP, focused on the company’s loan accounting, revenue, accounts payable, sales and marketing costs.
This role requires strong partnership and collaboration with the FP&A, compliance, product, and data analytics teams to deliver accurate accounting, financial reporting, processes and internal controls. This role performs complex analysis and technical accounting functions to gather, analyze, interpret, record and present financial data, and contributes to the development and implementation of best practices and process improvements across global accounting and financial reporting processes.
Tally is backed by some of the world’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, and Kleiner Perkins, and has raised $172MM in total funding.
The impact this role will have at Tally:
- Perform month-end closing and financial reporting process including preparing, reviewing and analyzing accounting entries and account reconciliations.
- Ensure payroll gets completed and paid on time, and in compliance with employment standards.
- Research and analyze transactions to ensure accuracy and resolve differences.
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies for areas of responsibility.
- Assist with the preparation and support for the annual financial audit process.
- Ensure accounting practices are in compliance with US GAAP and company policy.
- Escalate issues and present recommendations to management.
- Maintain effective internal controls, identify risks and related control changes.
- Partner with the HR team to ensure employee onboarding and offboarding are handled appropriately.
- Partner with business department owners to understand the key financial drivers and variances, support planning efforts and provide decision support analysis.
In this role we value:
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of US GAAP and experience in a generalist role, preferably within a Fintech company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- 2-5 years of payroll experience.
- Knowledge of employment standards, preferably California.
- CPA, Big 4, or public company experience preferred.
- Strong systems skills, preferable NetSuite and Rippling.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter who owns the outcome and is highly detail oriented.
- Flexible with the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
A message from Tally’s leadership:
"One of our core values at Tally is ’Change shoes often.’ We do this with our peers and our customers every day, and we want candidates to share in our commitment to empathy. Empathy really is the foundation of inclusion, and Tally prides itself in being a company that prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace culture where people are included and treated equitably."
– Jason Brown, Cofounder and CEO
This organization participates inE-Verify. See more information here.
Tally core value Don’t Say Nothing:
At Tally, one of our core values is Don’t Say Nothing (DSN), which speaks to our culture of transparency, and sharing all that we can. In the spirit of DSN, the salary range in the US for this role is $91,000 - $136,000 USD per year depending upon geography, skills, experience, and other qualifications of the successful candidate. We offer a comprehensive total rewards package that includes: unlimited flexible paid time off; 12 paid holidays; equity grants; company subsidized medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance; company paid short and long term disability insurance and life and AD&D insurance; wellness programs; voluntary life and disability insurance; pre-tax savings accounts for commuter benefits, health savings accounts and flexible savings accounts; paid parental and other eligible leaves of absence; 401(k) retirement savings plan; and an employee assistance program. Additional perks include: phone/internet reimbursement; co-working stipend: wellness reimbursement; home office set-up allowance; and access to discount programs. For more information about Tally visit: https://www.meettally.com/. Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.