Principal Software Engineer
Posted on 3/17/2022
Burlingame, CA, USA
- Experienced: You have 8+ years of experience building critically acclaimed consumer applications that impact millions of users' lives. You hold a BS in Computer Science
- Hands-on: Experience with C++ libraries (e.g. Boost), multithreading and networking. end to end and bring features from vision to life
- Knowledgeable: You understand components required to build modern large-scale infrastructure. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to agreement. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves. Expert in component-based front-end libraries and frameworks with a commanding grasp of what it takes to build performant user flows
- Team Player: You work well with Product Managers and Designers and know how to take a product from A-Z with UX in mind. You have experience mentoring engineers and improving your fellow engineers
- Plan and deliver complex technical features E2E in our game engine and in the Studio UI that will allow developers to grow in our community
- Establish the foundational architecture and technical direction that will enable Studio to keep expanding its capabilities
- Work cross functionally, across teams and technology platforms to deliver high quality and amazing user functionality
- Lead by example and mentor engineers to implement technological best practices, patterns, and strategies
- Improve the product quality by fostering automation testing
- Participate in building the world's best professional application for massively multiplayer game development
- Familiarity with QT/QML, MFC or other UI frameworks for desktop applications is a plus
- Familiarity with React/Redux and Lua is a plus
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done