Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Creatives at ConsenSys make work that moves the crypto industry forward, spreading our leading-edge products far and wide into the world and pushing for the adoption of Web3 technology. We’re an ambitious team, using our unique point of view to create work that infiltrates crypto culture, influences mindsets, and prizes ourselves on being defiantly optimistic.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for someone with an exceptional eye for detail, loves all things web, is goal-orientated, can work in a fast-paced environment and can work with designers, product managers and developers to ensure the quality of CSI web properties. The role will provide development capability to ensure the smooth running and operation of the services delivered by the web team.
- Lead and perform software testing for each release cycle
- Identify and find solutions for flaws and inconsistencies from the beginning to the end of product development.
- Ensure the level of quality, functionality, and reliability meet user expectations.
- Ensure a positive and professional client service experience.
- Execute pixel-perfect testing to verify the website matches the approved design
- Follow up with developer and designer on fixing issues tested
- Work with the development team to ensure that software meets quality standards.
- Documenting website features, functions, business requirements, and test plans for testing purposes
- Identify problems/bugs our engineers may have yet to see before they reach our customers.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Organized and able to juggle multiple deadlines and projects.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Excellent working knowledge of test management software, programming languages, and QA methodologies.
- Equipped with acute attention to detail; able to quickly identify problems and mistakes.
- Ideally ISTQB certified
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of apps – Jira, Confluence, Slack
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A logical approach to problem-solving technical and process issues.
- Familiar with bug management and testing tools
- Experience with HTML, CSS, WordPress, Netlify, and Contentful will be preferred.
- Experience in testing websites, web services and mobile sites.
- Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser test-cases
Bonus Points for:
- A deep understanding of blockchain technology and Ethereum Ecosystem
- Experience working for a blockchain or cryptocurrency organization
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD 80,000 - 145,000
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).